Just seen Sin City

m00n

Usually you're alot more enthusiastic (like a kid!) when you really love a movie. Judging by the lack of energy in your post, mOOn, I'm guessing the movie left you a little disappointed? I haven't seen it yet, but now I'm thinking it might not be so hot? Just so-so, maybe?

Oh no... Don't read anything into my post like that. I's definitly a good movie. Odd, but good. If you liked Kill Bill, you will like this as well. Not quit as over the top as Kill bill, but still very good.

Anyone has to first say they are just shocked, shocked I say, at the amount of mayhem, the costuming of females, and some incidents of mistreatment of women.

That said. It was very impressive for creating and sustaining the dark world of illustrated novels in live action.

I can't add much to the widespread analysis of critics . . . most of which is favorable. There is good reason.

It may become a classic for its unique style and tone. But you either "get it" or you don't. Taking it too seriously, or not seriously enough will get in the way.

It is shown in digital in some theaters; I saw it in regular format.

There were two problems in the theater this afternoon. First, the volume was rather low. Second, there was some young lady in the first row who would loudly giggle at the highest points of drama; then her friend would stop her by loudly shushing her. (There was the wish that she be transplanted into the on-screen episodes of bad people getting their cumupance.)

My thought is that it will be well watched at home where the mood and tone are not interruped.

Oscar for best effects, best director(s), or best adaption to a screenplay. It is too oddball for best picture.

Gil

----------------

On 4/2/2005 8:25:29 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

My thought is that it will be well watched at home where the mood and tone are not interruped.

----------------

That's how I feel about just about every movie ever made. My couch, big(ish) HDTV, and tube driven Khorns?

We don't need no steenking teatros!

Saw it with a bunch of people, both guys and girls. We all appreciated the movie... but whoa that thing was violent. Beautifully made though - really looked like a comic book. All in all - a masterpiece of current cinema without a doubt...

----------------

On 4/2/2005 12:46:26 AM m00n wrote:

Very interesting movie, along the lines of Kill Bill, but only in black and white with a few spots of color here and there. It was good, but I didn't understand the very last 2 minutes of the movie.----------------

The very last two minutes? Those were the credits, m00n!

9.gif3.gif9.gif3.gif11.gif

Sorry...I could not resist, ole' buddy! 11.gif Haven't seen the flick yet.