New Yorkie

TBrennan

Linda and I drove to New York City and bought this Yorkie. We call him Murphy.

The dog is from Ireland, the Yorkies there aren't as crazy and screwed-up as American ones. An Irish couple in New York bring bring these dogs over.

The little guy travels very well.

By the way, after driving around in NYC and Jersey I'll never complain about Chicago roads again. The roads were in terrible condition.

Food was good though.

post-6913-13819263944836_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 4/2/2005 11:02:47 AM TBrennan wrote:

Linda and I drove to New York City and bought this Yorkie. We call him Murphy.

The dog is from Ireland, the Yorkies there aren't as crazy and screwed-up as American ones. An Irish couple in New York
bring bring
these dogs over.

The little guy travels very well.

By the way, after driving around in NYC and Jersey I'll never complain about Chicago roads again. The roads were in terrible condition.

Food was good though.
----------------

Hmmm kind of careless in your writing. Did you treat your union duties this way?

----------------

On 4/2/2005 12:11:15 PM TBrennan wrote:

Moon---Well they make small puddles.
2.gif

----------------

Sure, but for your sake, I'm hoping the puddles end up outside soon.1.gif

You gonna put in a little doggie door? I put in a cat door for my cats, best thing I could have done for them (and me). Even though I did this, one of our cats still thinks I'm her personal door butler, her servant if you will. There are times I like to mess with her head. She'll be waiting at the door, I'll walk towards it, she'll stand up excited to go out, I'll just giggle the handle and walk away. Or she'll be outside looking in through the window, I'll just go mess with her through the window...

Little friggen rat with fir, I put a cat door in for you... 11.gif

What a cute tyke, it's hard to believe he will soon be the unquestioned master of all he surveys! Enjoy it while it lasts!9.gif

EDIT: DOH! Sorry, I confused the Yorkie and Jack Rusell breeds!

How about " At least Yorkies don't bark......loud!"

Moon--We'll paper train the dog first. Yorkies are small enough (Murph should top at five pounds) that paper-training in itself can be a pretty good way to go.

We live in a condo so a trap-door isn't suitable. But walking will be easy, there's a small lawn in front of the building and Lincoln Park is only a block away. When it gets warm I'll walk him over to the Lake in the morning and watch the guys catch lake perch.

This will be a good city-dog, well suited for apartment living. I think.

Cute-*** pooch, Tom. My inlaws have had a few Yorkies. All were either nuts or just raised by folks who haven't a clue about dogs. Probably a combination. Hopefully the Irish line will circumvent the "popular dog" genetic mess that American lines can be susceptible to.

BTW, I've got a Boston, and she seems like about as good a little dog as possible, but she's been raised by the lab/ german shep/ border collie mongrel that tought me all about dogs...