Cornwall Crossovers

cyclonecj

OK.. the search is not working at all (just errors out), so we need to repeat ourselves.

What are the preferred crossovers for Cornwall's. My 77's have a type B, & my early 80's have type B3.

I ask because I am thinking of keeping the 77 CDBR's & selling the CBR's. It also looks like I will be building a Cornwall center channel from the empty cabinet I picked up, so I may be ordering a new crossover from BEC.

Opinions?

----------------

On 4/6/2005 4:43:54 AM Frzninvt wrote:

All will make a immediate difference.

----------------

Especially in the (currently) empty Cornwall. With other components naturally.2.gif

The type of crossover for the Cornwall will depend on the driver complement.

For the combination of K-77, K-55 and K-33 use the Type B.

For the combination of K-77, K-57 (and some others) and K-33, use the B-3.

Klipsch played around some with Cornwall midrange drivers in the early 80s and several types have been reported.

Bob Crites

Dean: I think you nailed it. I am already there, since I really can't afford this upgrade in the first place!

Bob: I will have an extra K-33 & K-77 right after I order from you next week. I will then be looking for the mid horn & driver, so whatever I get will depend on what crossover I order.

I can say that it seemed that the 77's seemed to sound better than I remember the later ones, but they were also not placed properly & were hooked to different equipment when I was listening, so I may have to do an official test later when I reassemble them.