MORE IDENTITY THEFT = INREASES

dodger

Another Company has reported the theft of Social Security Numberbers, and other Personal Information.

One of the Companies that reported before has increased the numbers.

While this will not lower I.D. theft, it may reduce fraud.

At this point, I can go to my two largest Grocery Store Store chains, shop, take out A credit Card, swipe it, put it back in my wallet.

No signature check / comparison, no gender comparison, nothing. I sign electronically, say thank you and leave. If the Card has been reported stolen, I may get caught or if savvy, I may leave.

Progress, speeding transanctions, potentially helping fraud. The banks complain about losses.

How many times has your signature been compared?

Maybe we should contact our banks.

dodger

• 2 weeks later...

The past year or so our junk mail @ home is near zero.

Every piece of junk mail we get, I will make that call and ask nicely to remove our name from their mailing list. That goes for phone call solicitation too.

It's also fun using the shredder for any typed addresses and names.

dodger-I used to write, "ASK FOR ID" on my credit/debit cards. That is until I tried to use it at the US Postal Service. They would not allow a card to be used that had anything but the signature on the back. It simply didn't matter that I had my driver's license with me! That makes no sense whatsoever. But that typically means it's right...right?

David

Before the "No Call List" we were getting calls from telemarketers anywhere from 1 to 3 calls every week usually late into the evening, and also those tape recorders that talk to you. It was baaaaad!

I used to know where 3 telemarketer "shops" were, where some poor soul was trying to make a dollar constantly making calls one right after the other. Maybe 30 employees at any one time.