Motley Crue DVD news... SWEET!

Joe Shmoe

All this coming from A Grand Rapids native... I can't wait!

MÖTLEY CRÜE To Film Grand Rapids Concert For Upcoming DVD - Apr. 19, 2005

MÖTLEY CRÜE's outrageously successful "Red, White, and Crüe 2005...Better

Live Than Dead" tour, which has sold out arenas across the country since its

launch in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, on Feb. 17, will be captured for posterity to

be distributed on TV as well as DVD this fall.

Featuring the reunited band's original line-up of Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx,

Mick Mars and Tommy Lee for the first time on a concert for DVD, playing

their biggest hits, the show will be filmed when the band goes to Grand

Rapids, MI, on April 27, for a show at the Van Andel Arena. Clear Channel

Entertainment, who are promoting the concert, will produce and distribute

the TV show and the DVD on their home video label, Clear Channel

Entertainment Home Video, from Clear Channel Entertainment TV.

Acclaimed, award-winning director Hamish Hamilton, who has previously shot

concerts by U2, MADONNA and PETER GABRIEL, will be helming the shoot.

"This will give our fans a chance to see this f***ing incredible show from

the safety of their living rooms," said the band's Nikki Sixx. "And let them

experience the CRÜE in concert without ever leaving their couches."

MÖTLEY CRÜE management Tenth Street Entertainment's Jordan Berliant, who

helped broker the deal, said: "The level of interest among distributors was

unprecedented, but we're thrilled to have Clear Channel Entertainment

Television and Home Video as our partner."

The spectacular concert featured a three-ring circus of freaks under a huge

big top set, including a fire-breathing midget, sultry acrobats, flying drum

kits and enough pyro to light up a small city.

"Clear Channel Entertainment TV is excited to be working with MÖTLEY CRÜE

and Tenth Street Entertainment for the worldwide distribution of this

incredible show via digital cinema, TV, DVD and other visual mediums,

especially with the CRÜE taking the world by storm as they are now," said

the company's Senior Vice President Steve Sterling. "The DVD will bring the

MÖTLEY CRÜE show to fans in a way that will prove what DVD is all about."

The band's Hip-O/Island/UME "Red White & Crüe" album, featuring three

brand-new songs, debuted at #5 on The Billboard 200, and was recently

certified platinum.

The DVD will be released on the Clear Channel Entertainment Home Video

label, and distributed domestically by Ventura Home Video.

Hopefully Clearchannel won't have too much of an effect on the outcome of the video. I will be bummed if the concert is censored in any way, Of course I guess anything questionable could be edited out later for the DVD, which will be unfortunate for those not attending the show.

"Lewd Crued & Tattoed" In my opinion was awful. At first I was somewhat excited to get it open and play it but, as I was watching it... I just couldn't believe they wasted the time & money on recording it.

Samantha Maloney from Hole did do a great job on drums, she filled in for Randy Castillo as he had a problem with declining health. Vince's singing was awful, in fact I should view the DVD again because I could swear he forgot some lyrics in a few songs.

With all the above problems I just thought... why bother putting a DVD out when the band isn't 100%? It was a letdown to me anyway.

15.gif

Well, I think that's as good as Vince's singing gets. Let's face it, he's not the best singer in rock and roll! I liked the staging, set list and the like. It's real punchy for a DVD concert, still one of my favorites. If the next one is better, that'll really be something!

Michael

Michael... as for Vinces singing, I can agree with you there... he really leaves nothing to be desired, although I have seen him do a better job on numerous occasions. From what I have read so far, I haven't heard to many bad things about his singing or lack there of on this tour.

Anyway... as we agreed, Samantha did a killer job. Another female drummer to check out, who's easy on the eyes is "The Donnas" Torry Castellano. I recently saw them perform here in town, I think it was last weekend. I haven't really got into their music much, but I was really impressed with the show they put on.. something about an all girl band, that can actually play!

mOOn, mOOn, mOOn.... (shaking my head) I can't believe you prefer that album over "Too Fast For Love" or "Shout at the Devil". John Corabi did bring something new to the band, but I wouldn't say it was better than some of the previous albums, just maybe a good effort?

"Hooligans Holiday" & "Misunderstood" were pretty good tracks. I did like the album, but I guess I just like bands better with original members... to a point, I mean Jason Newstead to me was "the" bassist in Metallica, but that's just because I grew up listening to more of the albums he played on, rather than Cliff Burton. But then again I think of KISS with Bruce Kulick & Eric Singer when they put out one of KISS's better, heavier albums "Unholy".... so who knows, maybe I guess I just prefer Vince in Crue.

Kind of funny though that I mentioned Bruce Kulick, because after he was pretty much let go from KISS & John Corabi was let go from the CRUE, they formed Union, which is also a pretty good band.

SO ANYWAY, I'll let this one slide mOOn, but I better keep my eye on you... LOL

After seeing Lewd, Crued and Tattooed, I just can't get that exited about this DVD. Whether Vince forgot the lyrics or not, he only sang about every other word.

Motley Crue's best album by far was Shout at the Devil with Too Fast for love a close Second. After that...Good, but not Great.

Kiss's best album was Animalize, followed by Creatures of the Night. Don't get me wrong, I love their old stuff (Dynasty, Destroyer, Love Gun), but the Creatures through Animalize era was when they were at their best. After Animalize, they pretty much fell off for me.

----------------

On 4/23/2005 1:47:01 PM wheelman wrote:

I think Too fast for love, and Shout at the devil are their best. I am not sure which I like better as the years go by maybe too fast. "Toast the town"
----------------

Toast of the Town wasn't even on the original. It was added for the remastered version.

----------------

On 4/23/2005 9:39:07 PM toddvj wrote:

----------------

On 4/23/2005 1:47:01 PM wheelman wrote:

I think Too fast for love, and Shout at the devil are their best. I am not sure which I like better as the years go by maybe too fast. "Toast the town"
----------------

Toast of the Town wasn't even on the original. It was added for the remastered version.

----------------

Yeah I know but that's what the first album was going to be called, or that's what the first demo was called. One of my friends is a huge fan. He told me about that about 15 years or more ago. I'm no expert on the matter that's for sure.

----------------

Yeah I know but that's what the first album was going to be called, or that's what the first demo was called. One of my friends is a huge fan. He told me about that about 15 years or more ago. I'm no expert on the matter that's for sure.

----------------

"Toast of the town" / "Stick to your guns" was a highly sought after rare single put out on a 45, not released until like Todd said on the new remastered cd version.

2.gif

Their remake of Tommy Bolin's Teaser was great. Too bad they misspelled his name in the liner notes (Bolan- like Marc Bolan of T-Rex)

If ya don't know Tommy was with James Gang after Joe Walsh left, did a couple of Jazz albums, one album and tour with Deep Purple, then OD'd in Miami at 25 when touring with his own act. Bright flame burned out too quick!

Michael

----------------

On 4/24/2005 5:39:04 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

----------------

----------------

"Toast of the town" / "Stick to your guns" was a highly sought after rare single put out on a 45, not released until like Todd said on the new remastered cd version.

2.gif

----------------

Well now I know1.gif I thought I would catch someone off guard on that. Little did I know it was me. 9.gif