k22's

whamo

I was listening to my heresys last night and I heard some popping sound coming from one of my woofers. I've determined that I have a bad voice coil. Cant the voice coil be replaced or do I need a new pair of k22's? Thanx in advance

hi all! thanx for all the nice greets. like I said my k22 is now making a popping sound, I removed it from the motor board and tried it just to make sure it wasn't some sort of cabinet rattle. but sadly it is the woofer. it is from a set of 1980s hereseys ser#'s 124w559 and 124w560. I'll never part with them I just was wondering can they be repaired? Thanx

1.gif

Maybe, maybe not. Bob Crites has been repairing these, and does a great job, if your particular woofer can be repaired. Like that sex God Bill said, give him a jingle. It might ultimately be cheaper and less hassle to just buy one off eBay, as Rick suggests.

Whamo, I have 1 K-22 and 1 K-22-E that I would be willing to part with. Send me an email or PM if you don't have luck getting yours repaired. I live in Portland, Oregon, so shipping would be a factor. You might find something closer off eBay, but let me know if I can help.

Chris

Guest Anonymous

Whamo ..if you want some H24 K from a pair of 1986 Heresy II email me and make me an offer ..http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=58084&sessionID={A8A814B8-5A8A-4720-8DF3-43114A8F1BE5} this is the thread containing the pics of the woofers(they work perfectly ) I have them sitting around in boxes and have no need for them ...regards Tony C