Heresy vs. Forte vs. Cornwall

No experience with Forte, but Cornwalls over Heresies would get my vote. Theyre better in every way, including imaging, except footprint and cost (usually).

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

After years of satisfied use of Heresies, on eBay I saw Cornwalls 30 minutes from here that absolutely had to be picked up by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />2/14/05. I sensed an opportunity that I couldnt let pass. I assured my wife that it was a temporary purchase.

Long short, I paid $475 with every intention of offering them to Forum members at a reasonable (but profitable) price. Now Im trying to get my wife adjusted to the idea that theyre ours (read mine) indefinitely.

Uh Wrong!

"Wrong! You can't put the Chorus near the wall as they have a passive radiator on their back."

The original Chorus to which Michael (colterphoto1) is referring DOES NOT have a passive radiator on the back, it was ported in the front! The rear drone came with the incarnation of the Chorus II. Get your fact's straight before spewing please.

With the size room you have I would stick with the heresy's and get a sub if you are lacking bass..

The Cornwalls sound best (to me) at least 2 feet from the backwall and 2.5 feet from the side walls.

With the size room you are talking about you will be lucky to get them 5 feet apart.

I had my Cornwalls in a less than perfect size room and it was frustrating as heck.

Heresy's are great speakers and will do your room very nicely.

Danny

----------------

On 4/25/2005 1:10:05 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Uh Wrong!

"Wrong! You can't put the Chorus near the wall as they have a passive radiator on their back."

The original Chorus to which Michael (colterphoto1) is referring DOES NOT have a passive radiator on the back, it was ported in the front! The rear drone came with the incarnation of the Chorus II. Get your fact's straight before spewing please.

----------------

Thanks frzn for correcting me. I have only heard the Chorus II model. I did'nt know there was a front ported model.

Not having heard Fortes', I can't comment.

Cornwall vs. Heresy, I can. It's apples and oranges.

Heresy is good. Cornwall is way good.

If Heresy fits the budget, you've got one fine speaker.

If you have room and a couple extra dollars for Cornwalls, buy them.

If you have more room and a extra fistful of money, buy the K'Horns..

Woof!

P.S. Buy me a pair too.

My room size is about the same with Cornwalls and Heresy's. They go great together as long as they are the same series I(I's or II's.) The Corwalls are huge in comparison but well worth the difference IMO. I have heard Corwalls and Chorus II's side by side and if your space limited, you wouldn't do bad with the Chorus or Chorus II.