BEST Speakers for Music

I confess, I find myself listening to a lot of rap lately.mostly at intersections.*<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But seriously, I believe it was Duke Ellington who said, "There's only good music and bad music, when asked if he liked certain genres. Whoever said it, I agree, its just that Im still waiting to hear good rap music.

*Stolen from some comedian.

----------------

On 4/24/2005 5:41:07 PM DizRotus wrote:

I confess, I find myself listening to a lot of rap lately.mostly at intersections.*<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But seriously, I believe it was Duke Ellington who said, "There's only good music and bad music,
w
hen asked if he liked certain genres.
Whoever said it, I agree, its just that Im still waiting to hear good rap music.

*Stolen from some comedian.

----------------

Good joke.

I don't know, is rap supposed to sound like those subwoofers you hear at CircuitCity and BestBuy? You're not going to get that kind of unreal sound out of Klipschorns (thankfully).

Well judging by your name, your a 15 year old asian kid. More than half my friends growing up were asians and i've lived in an extremely diverse community my whole life, so I know exactly where your coming from. And by stereotyping you to the kids that i grew up with (i'm 20) You like Rap/R&B/Hip-hop, a touch of rock here and there, you dont specifically NOT like anything (except maybe country) but you obviously dont cater to classical peices or solo jazzists/vocalists.

In all honesty, with your tastes that I'm assuming you have with music, you, like my personal asian friends, prefer clean bass thumping BUT w/o the bass to drown over the mids and highs.

I'm going to also assume this is for a computer system too, to play all your MP3's. So unless your a musician or someone 40+ like 99% of the people in here you probably don't care too much about soundstage, or imaging, or really a forward or laid back sound. Your just after something cheap, that sounds good.

Welcome to the Promedia 2.1's. If the quality of those arent good enough when you demo them at best buy, spend a couple hundred and pick up a pair of RB-10/15's (because their small + look good next to a computer monitor) at goodguys (or someplace who sells the reference klipsch line) or Synergy bookshelves's at bestbuy and then buy one of these bad boys, or two if you really want to take the house down.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=300-632&DID=7

Sorry if I was off with any of my points or assumptions about your system/tastes/etc but you didnt exactly specify anything.. but the that's pretty much my recommendation. Oh, and pick up a vintage HK-430 on ebay :) But i'd honestly think the PM 2.1's are the best compromise between sound quality and bass thumpingness w/ a low price tag.

-Joe

Y'know, if someone posted in a thread that jazz or classical music all sounded the same, and that it was the exclusive domain of old farts whose cardiovascular system couldn't handle more than sitting in a recliner and sipping tea while listening to their so-called music (remember D0N?), how do you think we'd all react?

I think it's silly, too easy, and just plain provincial for folks to knock rap music as a whole. Like all pop music categories, there is a lot of garbage out there. There is also creative, musical, and worthwile examples that justify its existence.

I do realize that most of you guys were probably just trying to crack a joke, and that if you were a guest in my home (or vice versa), you'd listen with an open mind if I played you something that I liked. Just making a point.

And now I have Nelly's "It's Getting Hot in Here..." in my head.

hah...good one Ben.

Best to give it up, though. For many of the frequent flyers, if it's not Zepplin through Heritage at 50w "Then ya just ain't no durn audiophile."

...but we're not all over 40. Some people in their 20's and 30's care about soundstage and imaging and will pay more than 200 bucks for speakers and won't listen to mp3 and...and...oh crap. Let's just make fun of Bose again.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

----------------

On 4/24/2005 10:14:24 PM Klewless wrote:

Over the years, I have noticed that anything Klipsch have never been cheap. BUT they have ALWAYS been good (to my ears)!

----------------

I agree. My first Synergy KSB 3.1's were the last speakers I was ever going to buy...They still sound good. For under $200 check out the new synergy series at Best Buy-- I agree with Erukian.