Funniest Band Names??

One of my friends was in a band called USA-1000. The old phone number of some Karate School with the commercial with the little kid saying "Nobody boders me!".

He was also in Hindus with Cheap Suits.

Oh yea, Spock's Beard.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/29/2005 12:57:24 PM dgb wrote:

(admin edit: some of these are marginal, but this one stepped over. The topic says "funny!!") had a truly revolting cover on their first LP. Revolting in a good way though.
:)
----------------

I'll assume that was the RC's. They had a great cover of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" that I used to spin all the time when I DJed. Nice fuzz bass.

There was a band in Fredonia called Jesus Knieval. Tuba, piccolo bass, drums, and vocals. Good times.

----------------

On 4/29/2005 3:50:10 PM ben. wrote:

I'll assume that was the RC's. They had a great cover of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" that I used to spin all the time when I DJed. Nice fuzz bass.

----------------

Nope... not the RevoltingCocks ... i posted that a couple of pages ago without an edit. Actually how they got that name is much funnier than the name itself... 2.gif

Rob

----------------

On 4/29/2005 8:24:51 PM ben. wrote:

PM me with the story if not fit for mass consumption.

----------------

It's no worse than some of the names posted here...

Story goes that the name for the band came up when the three founding members (Al Jourgensen, Richard 23, and Luc Van Acker) were getting drunk and rowdy in a pub while discussing forming the side project... and the bartender threw them out saying... "get outta'eere you bunch of revolting *****"...

The name stuck 4.gif.

Rob

PS: OT, but Front 242 are coming to town in May and I can't wait... they put on a really good show.

When I first saw the thread title, "Dead Kennedys" was the first name that came to mind. I see TH&B got that one already....and speaking of names, I nominate your screenname as "Klipsch Forum Moniker Of The Month".

I like the unique "String Cheese Incident" name as well (and the band is even better than the name, lemme tell ya). We call thier concerts "Incidents" for good reason.

The band name "Grateful Dead" used to cause some interesting scenes at Alpine Valley in the "hair-band '80's".....it was funny to see the punkers w/spiked hair, leather, and studs showing up thinking they were the latest metal band or something. The comments were hilarious: "Who's that fat, grey-haired guy on the right.......he doesn't even MOVE....". LMAO. Talk about fish outta water.....

"...The old phone number of some Karate School with the commercial with the little kid saying "Nobody boders me!"."

That was a Tae-Kwan-Do place in DC in the early/mid 1970's! I remember those commercials well from WDCA-TV (channel 20)! They were really, really awful. The one I still remember was a guy walking to his car. He drops his keys. As he bends to pick them up, a mugger attacks! The key-dropper whips around and kicks/chops/smacks the bejabbers out of the would-be assailant. Bejabberless, the assailant flees.

At the end of the commercial, the little kid says "nobody bothers me!"

Now... what was the name of that school? I'll think of it...