Hartsfield vs. Khorns?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edgewound can you please point out, at what x-y axis; date & price,that you take, your dollar assements from,please use the chart provided ,from 1983 going forward, as sample data; http://www.spiraltrader.com/weekly/gnj30d9/dollarlt.jpg ; I fail to get the joke.

A PAIR of Hartsfields would cost you $1,986.00 US, in 1962

$1,986.00 US 1962 dollars are worth $12,619.65 US 2005 dollars

$20,000.00 US 1962 dollars are worth $127,086.09 US 2005 dollars

The difference in price, in today's dollar, measured against the value of yesterday's (1962) dollar equivalent is ($7,380.35 US 2005 dollars) today, = $1,161.47 US 1962 US dollars

In other words $7,380.35 US 2005 dollars = only $1,161.47 US 1962 dollars,the price increase since they were first built

AAAAHHHHH!!!now thats my kind of scum. Can you imagine what it was like back then. No toilet paper, no soap, no tooth brush, Your girl friend or wife with long hairy legs, no wash machine, no beer, the only weapon was a leg bone from your mother in law, A time before Woody Allen.

Ah, the old days. Now you're making me nostalgic.

You can imagine how difficult trolling was on the Klipsch Forum before the internet. You'd bait somebody by snail mail, and not get a return insult for maybe a week.

ham sandwiches are worth something, so are pigs in a truck but edgewound's analyisis is worthless,bildge water, Currency fundamentals: One thing to keep in

mind when analyzing floating currencies is that

they have no intrinsic value. In the absence of a

strong link to gold, property, or some other stable

source of value, currencies are little more than

commodities which are created by central banks.

Their value is a function of the balance between

their supply and demand. Trying to predict the

intersection of these two independent variables is

the difficult art of currency forecasting, floating and

volatile currencies pose a serious threat to global

financial stability. Since the worlds major currencies

have been anything but stable in recent years,

trying to sort out the implications of the volatility is worthless

----------------

On 5/7/2005 3:27:16 PM johnyholiday wrote:

ham sandwiches are worth something, so are pigs in a truck but edgewound's analyisis is worthless,bildge water, Currency fundamentals: One thing to keep in

mind when analyzing floating currencies is that

they have no intrinsic value. In the absence of a

strong link to gold, property, or some other stable

source of value, currencies are little more than

commodities which are created by central banks.

Their value is a function of the balance between

their supply and demand. Trying to predict the

intersection of these two independent variables is

the difficult art of currency forecasting, floating and

volatile currencies pose a serious threat to global

financial stability. Since the world’s major currencies

have been anything but stable in recent years,

trying to sort out the implications of the volatility is worthless

----------------

What community college do you attend?

----------------

On 5/7/2005 9:13:23 PM Parrot wrote:

The Edge forgot to take the 2nd derivative and multiply it by pi. 'Twas overpriced in any year.

----------------

Dear Parrot and your little side kick johnyholiday,

No need, we were on the silver standard here in the good ole U.S.A. for most, if not all the years of Hartsfield production, so there's your link to a tangible standard, jboy.

As for your brilliant remark Parrot, the Hartsfields retailed for less than the RF7s of today, making them an even better bargain than I realized, since you and jboy reminded me that the value of a dollar is simply an abstract, and purely arbitrary.

Thanks for such an insightful post!

Mr. Edge,

Blinded by JBL hype and deafened by JBL speakers, you aren't understanding the situation. The Hartfields simply don't cut it for discerning listeners. If these are the speakers that "made" JBL, may heaven help the audio world.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 6:22:49 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 5/4/2005 4:25:14 PM Edgewound wrote:

Your contradictions and baseless comments make you sound like some pompous wine or food critic. If I understand what you are saying, you can criticize people who like the Hartsfield sound, while in the same breath, you admit you've never heard Hartsfields in a "known environment"? You also seem to pass judgement based on conversations you had with people who where there, to bolster your own limited perspective.

What a worthless post.

----------------

Wow! My dictionary says that pompous is 'magnificent, splendid, consequential'. A wonderful description of a Parrot. So, there you go, Paul. Another fan of yours! But like all fans he's fickle. He slaps you with one hand, and shakes your hand with the other!
2.gif

----------------

edwinr, shame on you, you shouldn't skim or quote out of context. Read definition #2, or do you only have an abridged edition?

----------------

On 5/7/2005 9:44:37 PM Edgewound wrote:

edwinr, shame on you, you shouldn't skim or quote out of context. Read definition #2, or do you only have an abridged edition?

----------------

Hey, buddy. All is fair in love and war. Like any good journalist or politician, I only quoted text that was relevant to my point! 2.gif

----------------

On 5/7/2005 9:41:38 PM Parrot wrote:

Mr. Edge,

Blinded by JBL hype and deafened by JBL speakers, you aren't understanding the situation. The Hartfields simply don't cut it for discerning listeners. If these are the speakers that "made" JBL, may heaven help the audio world.

----------------

Guess all those sound men and movie theatres were wrong for all those years, too. Not to mention all the musical instrument companies as well. Not a discerning listener in the bunch, huh?

I've already told you that I found the Klipsch sound to be WONDERFUL, but I guess you've choosen to overlook that. I own several examples of both brands. Vintage JBL's fit,finish, quality of componets and materials is superior to anything Klipsch has ever built, that's a fact. If you think otherwise, you are just in denial, or it is YOU that have fallen for the "hype". Which sounds better is a matter of TASTE, that also is a fact. They are both fine systems performance wise.