Hartsfield vs. Khorns?

----------------

On 5/7/2005 9:48:37 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 5/7/2005 9:44:37 PM Edgewound wrote:

edwinr, shame on you, you shouldn't skim or quote out of context. Read definition #2, or do you only have an abridged edition?

----------------

Hey, buddy. All is fair in love and war. Like any good journalist or politician, I only quoted text that was relevant to my point!
2.gif

----------------

You're an honest man. Thanks! 2.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/7/2005 10:02:52 PM Edgewound wrote:

Guess all those sound men and movie theatres were wrong for all those years, too.

----------------

They were wrong. That's why there has been such a major revamp of the sound offered in movie theatres of late...

----------------

Vintage JBL's fit,finish, quality of componets and materials is superior to anything Klipsch has ever built, that's a fact.

----------------

I believe it was Jesus who said, "What gaineth a company if it uses better components but loses the soul of the music?"

----------------

On 5/7/2005 10:07:33 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

Guess all those sound men and movie theatres were wrong for all those years, too.

----------------

They were wrong. That's why there has been such a major revamp of the sound offered in movie theatres of late...

----------------

I beg to differ, it is you sir that are wrong, or once again only telling half the story. I guess it must be the politician in you 2.gif . You don't need all that big, beautiful sound in the cracker boxes found within the bowels of today's multi-plexes. Since most of today's block busters have so little meaningful dialogue, clarity of sound is no longer much of a requisite.

And don't forget, they're also scrapping all the Western Electric and RCA tube gear with their "revamps" and "upgrades" 15.gif

----------------

On 5/7/2005 10:09:39 PM Parrot wrote:

----------------

Vintage JBL's fit,finish, quality of componets and materials is superior to anything Klipsch has ever built, that's a fact.

----------------

I believe it was Jesus who said, "What gaineth a company if it uses better components but loses the soul of the music?"

----------------

Quoting Holsten? Now I've really seen everything.

----------------

On 5/7/2005 10:09:39 PM Parrot wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------

You should work in ad-copy, marketing hype 2.gif A bit silly, don't you think, for today's discerning listener?

Edgeroundwoundworm says "the silver standard!" lmao!color blindness perhaps, Edgewoundroundworm, are you arguing with yourself now,,Edgeroundwormwound this is your mind crime, don't! think of pink elephants! an when i say the #63, do you picture an orange carrot, in your head? Edgewormroundwound says" Since most of today's block busters have so little meaningful dialogue, clarity of sound is no longer much of a requisite" ,you have me lmao again!your such a babbling ballet knott ballon nut Edgewoundwormround, an be yourself is all you can do, beans&weenies! beans&weenies! beans&weenies! waboat! waboat! waboat! whah~

----------------

On 5/8/2005 3:46:25 AM dragonfyr wrote:

----------------

----------------

Exactly what constitutes this "major revamp" in theater sound systems?

----------------

I dunno. Maybe Ray Dolby had something to do with it. 6.gif

----------------

On 5/8/2005 6:35:39 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 5/8/2005 3:46:25 AM dragonfyr wrote:

----------------

---------------

Exactly what constitutes this "major revamp" in theater sound systems?

----------------

I dunno. Maybe Ray Dolby had something to do with it.
6.gif

----------------

Hmmm... Seems to me all that requires is to replace a processor.

I don't think that in any way obsoletes or requires a "major revamp" of heritage Klipsch, Altec, etc. speakers. I just think that you paint with just a little too broad a brush...

I have,nt seen so mutch half-truth diarrhea spitting out of the ears of a goony bird like what is going on here. These are two excellent horn speakers. One company still making a classic speaker with the old traditional drivers from the past. The other company moving on to more lucrative areas. nothing wrong with that. No one has the majority slice of the pie.

----------------

On 5/8/2005 3:22:37 AM johnyholiday wrote:

Edgeroundwoundworm says "the silver standard!" lmao!color blindness perhaps, Edgewoundroundworm, are you arguing with yourself now,,Edgeroundwormwound this is your mind crime, don't! think of pink elephants! an when i say the #63, do you picture an orange carrot, in your head? Edgewormroundwound says" Since most of today's block busters have so little meaningful dialogue, clarity of sound is no longer much of a requisite" ,you have me lmao again!your such a babbling ballet knott ballon nut Edgewoundwormround, an be yourself is all you can do, beans&weenies! beans&weenies! beans&weenies! waboat! waboat! waboat! whah~

----------------

Brilliant! You've outdone yourself!

----------------

On 5/5/2005 3:30:18 PM Allan Songer wrote:

"What really kills me is that 90% of the "audiophiles" I know listen to really DREADFUL music 90% of the time. "

In the early days, hi-fi nuts listened to those Demo LPs showing off their latest high fidelity gear. There were alot of those LPs if I remember correctly. They were samplers with various music that showed off aspects of the audio primarily.

This forum is not about good music but about the hobby of shopping and endlessly tweaking and posturing about one's mystical flooby dust and/or tubes being better than one's neighbors and about being unsatisfied/satisfied with one's system's "sound" -- forget about music.

Also about how Klipsch rules.

There are plenty of appropriate forums and newsgroups devoted to special interests pertaining to various genre's of music, even a couple devoted to Blue Notes.

c7

"No one has the majority slice of the pie."

Maron, I hate to have to flame you but Klipsch owns the whole slice of the pie.2.gif

pie2.jpg

Rick

PS: If anyone doesn't want their worthless dollars, PM me. I'll give you my address so you can send them along.3.gif

post-12829-13819264640404_thumb.jpg