Are these hopeless?

I got some walnut veneer i could sell cheap to you it is good stuff i got extra because UPS played football with my order twice.You can order edge banding from woodworkers supply.If you get them just make project out of it you will love them even more then.Rick

Dee,

I have actually done some of this back in my organbuilding days (just after the earth cooled). People insist on putting flowers on organ consoles! Sand carefully so as not to go too deep. Treat the stain with hydrogen peroxide. Beauty supply houses have stronger solutions than you use on a cut finger. It might take several applications. It WILL raise the grain. After it dries it will require additional sanding (carefully). You may need to go a shade darker with a stain. Then oil finish. Good luck on a great buy!

DR BILL

Dee:

If you do get them and re-veneer the tops, Tom Preston's recommendation of Watco Danish oil finish is an excellent choice.

It comes in colours, and is almost bullett proof. I used it on guitars which people naturally sweat on. This in the late '60s, early '70s plus some furniture of my own. Colour and finish all in one.

I recommended it to Silversport, give him a contact for his opinion.

Good Luck,

Win

----------------

On 5/5/2005 12:44:19 PM dodger wrote:

Dee:

If you do get them and re-veneer the tops, Tom Preston's recommendation of Watco Danish oil finish is an excellent choice.

It comes in colours, and is almost bullett proof. I used it on guitars which people naturally sweat on. This in the late '60s, early '70s plus some furniture of my own. Colour and finish all in one.

I recommended it to Silversport, give him a contact for his opinion.

Good Luck,

Win

----------------

I was talking to my brother who is a carpeneter about the table I just refinished and his first question to me was "why didn't you use watco oil and finish?"

Think I'm going to try this watco on my next furniture project..

Seti,

No, decided to take a pass on them. Ended up thinking the price they were going for was too much for the amount of work needed on them. In my observation watching Heresy's on Ebay lately, that the difference between absolute MINT pairs and some rough looking speakers is surprisingly small.