Bass Test 360 Hz to 10 Hz

I ran across this "Silicon Sound System" bass test somewhere and find it interesting. It goes from 360 Hz – 10 Hz in 10 Hz steps. It’s an MP3 file, 1.8 MB in size and just under two minutes long

The file is too large to work as an attachment in the Forum. If you’re interested, send a PM and I’ll attempt to send the file to you via e-mail.

----------------
On
5/8/2005 1:34:32 PM DTLongo wrote:

Pardon my blithering ignorance but please tell this AOLer what a PM is and how do I send one.

----------------

The good news is that sending a PM (Private Message) is easy. You click on the recipient's name above the avatar (in my case a red sports car) and then click on “Email User” or send PM which will send an email or a PM.

Or you could send an email directly to nkdisney@comcast.net.

Now for the bad news. It’s likely that AOL (Almost On Line) will prevent you from receiving and opening such a large file as an attachment. Send an email and I’ll reply with the file; we’ll see if it works.

• 4 years later...

As the year draws to a close I ran across this and thought it might
be useful to test your new toys found under the tree. The bump confirms that It's been posted
before , but to many it will be new. It's still not attachable to a post in this forum, but feel free to send an email or PM and I'll try to send it to you via email.

I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it seems about right when I listen to it through various speakers. The
single driver rear horns drop off rapidly below 100 Hz and the KEF
B139 transmission line subs shake the house at 30 Hz. I've yet to try it with the djk inspired bass reflex modified La Scalas.

Enjoy each day this season and the new year.

The avatar reminds me of The Wizard of Oz scenes where the horse keeps changing colors. As near as I can figure, it's something to do with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

You know how MS forces updates on you and the next thing you know other programs won't run correctly. For months the car appeared blue when using a PC but remained red when using a laptop. Today is the first time it's been blue while using the laptop. Perhaps if I reload the avatar it will bring the red back permanently. It's not even an attractive shade of blue.

EDIT @ 9:27 AM (EST)

After opening Firefox and reconnecting to the Klipsch Forum, the avatar is again red. That somewhat unscientific experiment strongly suggests that the IE browser is the culprit. In my copious free time this holiday season I'll reload the photo to see if I can trick IE into allowing the car to remain red, especially during the holiday season.

It worked for me I had my ksw-12 turned all the way down to 40hz which was recommended to me at one point, something about by the time the bass roles off it would be around 60hz. Well let me tell after it dropped down to 60hz I had no more bass so I would say its pretty good, then again I don't know how to properly test this stuff yet but what can I say. For information I did not burn to a disc I just plugged my laptop into a splitter to the receiver, so I don't know if this has any affect to it.

duder

Reloading the photo in the avatar now makes the car appear red when using MS IE or Firefox.

But, go to the following link while using IE and the car is again blue. Use Firefox and it is red.

http://members.fortunecity.com/alicat1/rotus7.htm

I have no clue how the color was switched from red, which it is and always has been, to blue. The other car at the link is actually blue and yellow as seen using Firefox.