Components originally installed in the Heresy, Forte, Chorus, Cornwall, La Scala, Belle, and Klipschorn

I have found many deviations from the general specifications Klipsch shows (such as 4 ohm versions, solid wood/plywood/fiberboard, & etc.)

Other than the components identified in the general specifications listed on the main Klipsch site for each model, where can a person view more specific information (all in one place rather than piecing it together from 427,000+ posts here on the forum) as to the actual components originally installed over the years in the Heresy, Forte, Chorus, Cornwall, La Scala, Belle, and Klipschorn (such as model numbers for the horns, crossovers, and etc.).

There are so many different configurations and variants from the norm it would take forever to compile something like that.

The Cornwall is an excellent example, we are still discovering different variants to this day. Some even have the Klipsch tech's puzzled and researching the archives.

You need to narrow your question down alot more. Perhaps try honing in on some specific information. There are alot of very knowledgeable people on this forum.

As a general observation, the Heresy is divided into two models:

Heresy and Heresy II

Original Heresy box was birch ply, and later HII was (and is) MDF. During the transition, there may be found oddballs that are either.

Tweeter was the K77, the same as was used in the Cornwall, Belle, Khorn

Mid driver was K55 (various designations depending on whether or not they had Alnico or ceramic magnets (supposedly depended on who made them as well. K55 was supplied by Atlas).

The 12" woofer was a K22E (K-24-K for the HII). If it had an "R", it meant it was a replacement from Klipsch, usually under warranty.

Later mid and tweeter drivers were made by Hepner, which Klipsch then bought the tooling for and brought manufacturing in house. My HII drivers are the later tooling (K-53-K mid and K-76-K tweeter).

So you can see a bunch of differences, just on this model. I am probably not even right on all of it or much of it). Multiply this over models that span a greater number of years and it gets worse.

This could all probably get compiled into a big chart/spreadsheet if enough folks would supply all the info. Any takers? I would consider it if I can figure out a format for it and folks would supply me with the information. I could then make a pdf of it once it is close to being in shape.

Marvel

----------------

On 5/14/2005 10:23:45 AM Olorin wrote:

Good post, Marvel. To elaborate a bit your point, in the early and mid '80s there was another mid driver between the K-55 and the K-53 -- the K-52. I have it in one of my sets of Heresys, and jcmjrt has it in her Cornwalls.

----------------

And still another, the K-51V. Complicated.

Bob

So... with a little arm twisting, Marvel sets out to get a spreadsheet set up to get this in some form of chart. 15.gif

My little information is dangerous. We haven't even touched on crossovers for these models.

I'm not touchin' the Khorn, Belle, Cornwall, KG, Tangent, Synergy, RF....

In terms of mid drivers and crossovers, Klipsch used whatever they had lying about in the Heresy and Cornwall. Both units had a broad '.5' period between the original and II designation, where it appears that the production line literally just used up old stock until it was exhausted. There are a wide variety of models in the changeover period.

Good luck with the spreadsheet.

Michael

How's this setup Marvel?

Heresy- original types, plywood boxes HWL designation. Speakers rear-mounted to motor board, so sounds like an original, right?

K22woofer, K53driver on K701 plastic horn, K77 tweeter B2 network, so parts of it seem like Heresy II model.

Don't even get my started on my Cornwalls. I've got models from every decade, all different, almost none of which is the 'standard' for it's genre.

Michael