Best source for decoding serial number date codes

Corvette,

The link you posted has the correct info. That whole web site (and related sites) is from Kelly Holsten and wife Audrey. They did the site for NOSValves, Magnequest, DIYCable and more. He drops by here every once in awhile, until we chase him off again...2.gif

Marvel

there shouldn't be a week 79, as there are only 52 weeks in a year. Note that the serial numbers started with 1 for each week, so it looks as though there were very productive weeks on the factory floor.

I wonder what the record was for the most Heresies they ever churned out in a day. I think Trey posted some lifetime numbers for various series, but you have to look at the time period to get a feel for how hard these folks worked!

It'd be good to hear from HDBRbuilder again, wonder how he's doing? Always loved his Forum name.

Michael

----------------

On 5/15/2005 7:00:16 PM Marvel wrote:

It's just an example that Kelly put in on his website. Email him and ask him to change it. It doesn't change how Klipsch assigned the SN.
----------------

To what example do you refer and what should be changed?

The 84-89 example is 89281234, which is the 28th week of 1989, and the 90-97 example is 135791234, which is the 135th day of 1997.

I don't see a problem with the codes or the examples given as they are shown - there is no week 79 listed.

NP - Bad Religion - No Control (via a pair of AR's SRT 380's)

I saw no problem with the examples shown at http://www.progressive-engineering.com/klipsch/klipsch_date_codes.htm as they look correct.

What I was referring to in my original post was the Klipsch paper tags that I have seen pictured on eBay on Heresy, Forte, and Cornwall with serial numbers starting with the first two digits between 84 and 89 and the third and fourth digits were some two digit number larger than 52 ( I used "79" as an example) that do not seem to follow the format YY WW #### since a year only has 52 weeks (53 if they included partial production weeks).

Also, am I correct to assume that the first 9 weeks of a year would be represented by 01-09 for 1984-1989 production and for the 1990-1997 production the serial number would start with three digits between 001-099 for the first 99 days of the year?

As an example, my Chorus are serial numbers 8983096 and 8983097. Obviously there were not 83 weeks in 1989.

I wonder if single digit months were recorded as single digits (assuming Klipsch had produced more than 97 speakers by August, presumably these would be number 3096 and 3097)?

What do the two written dates mean?

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Chorus2.JPG' target=_blank>

post-17898-13819264906578_thumb.jpg

I apologize for my post above. I totally misread what you meant (not too uncommon for me 15.gif )

Try single quotes instead of double quote marks. And you need to put angle brackets around the line instead of the codes for them (you put in ampersandltsemicolon on the left, etc, which would display the less than angle bracket, like this: < ).

Marvel

Chorus2.jpg

• 15 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have  pair of Chorus II that I need to know more about before refinishing.  I'd like whatever info is available, but specifically manufacture date and wood/finish type.  Also, what is the recommendation for crossover rehabilitation?  Has anyone tried to match the factory color and finish using birch veneer?

Part # 09000631111 s/n 21029&21030.

Thanks!