JBL 2404 / 2405H Question - Please help me!!

I just bought a set of "JBL 2404H" drivers off od ebay and received them today. They are out of a set of "Clair Brothers/Showco BFM 600 Monitors."

From the pic, you can see that they look just like 2404 Baby Cheeks. However, one of the magnets has "2405H" stamped on the back. I checked US Speaker and these do not look at all like the 2405's (mine have a round cone and teh US Speakers picture have a long triangular looking cone)

Here is the link to the US Speaker site:

http://www.usspeaker.com/homepage.htm

I am worried because according to the US Speaker site, the 2405's only go down to 6500 hz and I am crossing over at 5800hz in my Khorns.

Can someone give me some info on teh ones that I bought?

I'll post some more pics below.

Chris

post-10861-13819264907388_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/14/2005 10:36:23 AM Guy Landau wrote:

JBL used the same magnet for the 2402/2403/2404/2405 tweeters. The only difference was the thikness of the diaphragm and the horn.

These may well be original 2404h.

----------------

Thanks,

Can I get these tested at a speaker repair shop (is there an easy way to test frequency response)? It seems like it would be difficult because there is a rolloff not an abrupt stop in frequency.

Thanks,

Chris

----------------

On 5/14/2005 11:16:31 AM ben. wrote:

They've seen Pro Sound use, so they've likely been repaired or parts swapped around. Clair Brothers is a major PA rental house.

----------------

The guy on ebay said that they have been repaired. I'll email the seller, but I would guess that parts swapping is very common.

Marvel - I got the set for $245 delivered.

Chris