Very Nice La Scala Pro's - Delaware, OH

Frzninvt

Sorry Jon, it was a good price, but why the guy split up a pair to sell them individually is beyond me. Guess he wanted to get his Organ for free. As it turned out, he didn't get that much.

Gilbert, what can we do about these LS? How to get around the shill thing?? I'm kinda new at this. Have spoken to seller in the past. In all likelihood, is he part of the zilla deal?

M

Cornwalled... Not that it matters, to you, but look at it this way... If both bidders are on the Klipsch BB. Why out bid each other, other than you REALLY REALLY want em?? Seems silly to do this with a fellow (Klipsch BB Friend in some cases) off of here.

It is not stalking, it is making an informed descision based on who you think the other guy is..

IMO it is just sad when they bid it up so high over normal market stuff where one guy with ok funds really wants em and mister money bags buys it and flips em a month later is all. Some of the speakers on Ebay you see sold and re sold all of the time.

I know it is all free enterprise.. I am just trying to make people aware and also not have two guys make something "more" than it is.. I, too, have a minor drool over these as well. But at some point, we all have a Ok, thats too much.

These are also pick up only too. Just a heads up!

Ahh, I got you Indy. Makes sense. I hate the mister money bags thing too! Things can go for more than they're worth.

I'm actually watching the "junk" LaScalas because I have a feeling they're the only LS I'd be able to afford. I dunno if they're worth messing around with or not. Depends on what JBL speakers are in it. If it's D130s I could sell em and take some of the pain off of replacing both woofers.

-Jon

$1400?! Yow, looks like I can count myself out right now. I remember whe you could get a decent set of LS for $800. What happened? You used to get K-horns for $1400 used, just a few years ago. This is a rip off.

Jon

----------------

On 5/22/2005 12:36:29 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Gilbert,

So are you in? If you're really willing to go to $1400 for these, I'm out, so say the word and I'll not put in another bid. Let's at least try to get this sorted out among ourselved before that fateful moment.

Michael

----------------

Industrials are hard to find, especially the fibreglass/aluminum trim ones, especially not beat to heck (since they were intended for road use, most were.

They have the 200 watt woofers, setup for biamping, and LOOK WAY COOL.

I paid almost $1500 for mine, a month later bought mint LS BR for HALF THAT PRICE $750. They are nearly the same speaker.

Rip-off, I dunno, it's just what the market will bear for rarer items imho.

Michael

In my garage!

Seriously, just stay on board, let the fellas know what you're looking for from time to time, read all of Thumplestilskin's posts (newpaper ads from all over), and keep your eye on ebay pricing.

Eastern PA, how far would you drive for a good pair? NYC? Ohio? Georgia?

Got truck? My willingness to travel ridiculous distances to pick up the big boys is how I got a lot of my deals. I refuse to have Klipsch speakers shipped. Personal pickup is the only way to insure safe travel imho!

Michael

Actually, I'm only about an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on traffic. I just meant 3 to 4 hours is about the max I'd be willing to drive one way, unless I would stay over in a motel and drive back the next day. When I picked up my Cornwalls from Istari, I drove 4 hours down to West Virginia in my trusty 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88. Loaded them up- believe it or not, I fit a Cornwall in the trunk, and the trunk closed! I love big cars. Put the other one in the back seat, and off I went, 4 hours back up. I was exhausted. Came in, sat down for a few minutes, then went back down to single handedly carry them up my twisting cellar staircase to get them inside. Now I was REALLY exhausted. But of course I had to position them and set them up!

Good times. I don't think the 79 Olds has another 8 hour trip left in it though, plus it hasn't been inspected since 2004...LOL. Something about missing 3 feet of exhaust they don't like. no longer my daily driver- that job is up to my 2000 Mercury Sable- which you can't fit anything bigger than a pair of Heresys in. So needless to say,next pair has to be closer, more like an hour each way, I just wouldn't want to strain the Olds or get busted.

-Jon

Dude, it was awesome! This car is like 20 feet long..lol. I measured it out ahead of time and knew it would work.

As far as unloading is concerned, did I mention I'm 5 foot 7, 140 pounds? Never underestimate the little guy! 9.gif

I also did the same treatment for the 120-130 something pound Cerwin vega folded horn sub. That however would not let the trunk close, I used bungee cords to hold it down, but still unloaded it myself. That was worse, cause I got it all the way into the kitchen, then realised it wouldn't fit through the door to ket from the kitchen to living room (real narrow door, was off by an inch) so I had to take it BACK outside, then up the cellar stairs which go directly into the living room. Okay, I kinda cheated with that one- I broke out cardboard and kinda slid/tumbled it over that. It has a carpet finish, so I wasn't worried..lol. MAN I was dead after that. Of course I hooked it up that night..lol.

Good times....

-Jon