what is a klipsch ksw 15 worth????????

joessportster

The question I wonder, is the KSW-15 better than the RW-12. You can buy an RW-12 on-line for that amount. I haven't heard a KSW-15 before unless it was at Best Buy last year. If that was the case I am sure I didn't get a realistic impression of its capabilities anyway.

D

I would skip on the KSW-15, I owned one for a few years. Junk! Their are much better used choices out there, trust me.

It turns off during movies if there is no activity, it takes a strong signal to activate it, the cheap cardboard port fell out and I had to silicone it back in, then the woofer trim ring fell off and I had to silicone it back on. I had the volume on 10 to get any decent output out of it. Had great resale value thank goodness when I dumped it. It was not cheap new either it listed for like $750 and I paid $500 new from an authorized dealer.

• 5 years later...

greetings this goes out to FRZNINVT , if you still have that klipsch KSW-15 subwoofer i'd love to buy it from you as it actually sounds to me that you (no offense) do not have it set up and operating correctly ! I'd buy it in a heart beat from ya ! I currently have two in use in my home theater system and i'd like two more so that I can mimick the "THX" parameters ! I'm sorry but those babies are sweet and perform quite well ! p,s, all of my electronics are by "Rotel" if your familiar + all my speakers are from Klipsch , I have the RC64 center channel, 4 heresy"s as the front and rear surrounds and the two KSW-15"s and boy does my system hammer very loud and very clear ! And actually it's a good thing to have the sub shut off during quiet passeges, however you can make it stay on at all times but with that said , i've never experienced neither of my two KSW-15's cutting off while in actual use .