Klipsch here I come...

Brian_J

Just snagged a NIB pair of F-3s w/ 2 year BB service plan for $470 shipped. Yes I know must of you would have said wait till you can get a Ref set but I just couldn't see it happening for a very long time. My current mains were a $140 set of Advent AS2s so hopefully these F-3s will blow them out of the water. 2.gif Can't wait to get them. Now just need to find a decent deal on a C-3. 9.gif

Cheers,

Brian

Nobody has been killed yet although my life is probably on the line. I used my mother's CC and she doesn't know it yet. 6.gif I think I'll be ok though I'd feel better if I hadn't dropped $460 on an Outlaw LFM-1 3 days ago. As long as I get to hear them before I die I'll be happy. 9.gif

Brian, Congratulations on the Klipsch purchase. Please do not feel as though the Reference line is the only acceptable speaker that allows you to participate on this or any other forum. I personally have been an audiophile since my first JBL L-46's I bought used from a recording studio in 1982. However, I was able to afford and afforded myself the luxury of owning my first Klipsch not until I was 32 years old (1996). The level of equipment or anything else for that matter is all relative to your current place in your life. Today you buy the F-3's and in a few years maybe the Reference line, no matter just enjoy the journey along the way. As some have said, "the journey is far greater than the destination". My soapbox is small but a soapbox none the less.

----------------

On 5/25/2005 7:35:22 AM Northshore wrote:

Brian, Congratulations on the Klipsch purchase. Please do not feel as though the Reference line is the only acceptable speaker that allows you to participate on this or any other forum. I personally have been an audiophile since my first JBL L-46's I bought used from a recording studio in 1982. However, I was able to afford and afforded myself the luxury of owning my first Klipsch not until I was 32 years old (1996). The level of equipment or anything else for that matter is all relative to your current place in your life. Today you buy the F-3's and in a few years maybe the Reference line, no matter just enjoy the journey along the way. As some have said, "the journey is far greater than the destination". My soapbox is small but a soapbox none the less.

----------------

amen.

Brian J

Enjoy your new speakers man. welcome to the klipsch addiction. 9.gif3.gif I'v been addicted now for 11 years. 10.gif

Brian,

Congrats on your First Klipsch Purchase............one thing to note though. Klipsch speakers come with at 5 year warranty, and the two year B/B warranty you were strong armed into purchasing , runs along side the Klipsch, not after............you should check into getting your b/b/ warranty money refunded!

How did you get such a Fantastic deal? The website lists them on sale for 675.00!

Actually, they were lying. There is no such thing as a "2 year" BB "performance service plan" on audio equipment. The BB extended warranties are transferable, but on speakers they are 4 years, starting from the expiration date of the manufacturer's warranty. On a Klipsch F-3, that would be a net of 9 years.

If they had actually bought this plan, they'd know the above details, and would use them in order to enhance the perceived value of the purchase.

(I worked for BB for two years, I know this crap too well...15.gif )

8.gif

Well it just took a turn for the worst.

I was in the process of paying for it when I recieved this e-mail:

"Dear brian,

I was informed that there was an error in this listing and that we have to actually re-list this item for our clients. Unfortunately, there was a lack of communication and it was not supposed to be set up as a Buy It Now auction. We will have to at this time cancel this order, however, it will be re-listed within the next few days. I do sincerely apologize about this mix up and hope that you will understand. Thank you."

Now is it just me or this just seem wrong? I don't how it's supposed to work but I thought if you won an auction a seller was supposed to sell you said item. Thats like setting a no-reserve auction and then renigging on it because it didn't sell for the price you wanted. What should I do, try and fight it or forget it? Any help would be great. If I am totally off-base please let me know.

Brian,

You are Correct. Contact Ebay (if you feel up to the hassle), and let them know about this transaction. Seems like the seller, is just trying to gouge more money ......i.e. they realized they could get more!

Also let the seller know what you intend to do! If they don't sell to you - you have every right to post Negative feedback about them. (not that it will do any good). but by all means, contact Ebay and let them know about this sellers dishonest tricks! JM2C.

i would lastly, just chaulk this up to experience, and wait for another seller..............Good Luck to You!

The auction was valid and you won the speakers fair and square. They should have paid more attention to the listing. If they renig they are violating the contractual agreement and you have every right to report them to eBay and file negative feedback.

It could be a blessing in disguise though, at $450 a pair you could get a pair of Heresy's and jump right up to the top of line Klipsch speakers!

Well I'm done with that guy. All ebay did was warn him, so whatever.

In other news, I am hopefully going to be the proud own of some wonderful reference speaks with in a week. I just won an auction for a pair of RF-3s and an RC-3. 9.gif

Hopefully this one won't fall through. 15.gif *Knocks on wood*

Cheers,

Brian