Power Conditioners, Hype?

Big Ears

Just a point, I wouldn't call it hype, more like protection for my system, I have the Monster HTPS7000, i have used "powerbars" since day 1 for my computer and audio\video system, from Radio Shack...loved the Adcom ACE-515 Enhancer when i first started for 2 channel....2.gif

I do admit my video quality from cable has improved drastically, sound quality i don't hear much improvement in all honesty, owning one of these beasts....it's the protection that counts...IMO10.gif

Still run a UPS 180 for my computer independently.... 6.gif

PS. It clears the noise... 2.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in areas that experience frequent power outages, lightning, live near transmitter towers, the chances are that you will find a difference, if not audible, in the lifespan of your equipment.

Most worry about surges, but too little power is also harmful.

The RFI,EMI filtering is also good.

One Esoteric Audio place sells Filtering "Chokes" for close to $59.00. Basically they are Ferrite and very similar either round barreled, or rectangular "Chokes" can be bought at your local Electronics Store or Radio Shack for about $15.00 for the same.

They attach close to the input of the Component. They do clear things up.

----------------

On 5/30/2005 6:01:23 AM nicholtl wrote:

Forget line conditioners or surge protectors, just go all the way and get a power REGENERATOR.
16.gif

----------------

lol

I did read/hear about a group of people that have gone way overboard on the power issue and they use solar power to charge a series of "car batteries", which by their nature put out a very steady voltage. So whenever they're not listening, the solar cells are recharging the batteries. This also removes them from crappy power grids and you never have to worry about lightning strikes and all that. I seem to recall it being more popular in texas and japan...not sure how it'd work over here in the states. Though I suppose it could be rigged such that the batteries are recharged by the local power supply...

Man, you beat me to the punch. Here I was reading all these posts and I thought to myself "I'll solve it all with a brick wall recommendation at the end.". Although not cheap, $250 is still far less than many of the units currently being pushed at BestBuy, et al., and the brick wall units are simply better and more robust. Check out their site and you'll be impressed. And no, I don't own stock in the company either.

----------------

On 5/28/2005 9:16:40 PM Spkrdctr wrote:

Why are you guys messing around? Just get the Brickwall and be done with it. www.brickwall.com

It is the standard for home audio and works exceptionally well. They have them this month for $249.99 Check out their site, and yes, everything they say is true. These suckers work! I recommend you buy now and don't wait!

Now If I only had stock in Brickwall.............

----------------