Team America World Police

michael hurd

Another absolutely hilarious animated film for adults, from the makers of South Park. ( Trey Parker & Matt Stone ) Who should watch this movie?? Any adult that does not find crude humour, and very vulgar language offensive. Who should not: children of course, and those that are offended easily.

If you are a South Park fan, you should check this movie out.

Mike, is that the animated/puppet movie that is rated R or X for "explicit puppet sex"?

If so, as i recall, the reviews of it were great! And also (per the reviews) that it equally offends all! Can't ask for more then that!2.gif9.gif

Thanks for jogging the brain cells!

Sounds like I will need to get around to watching it!1.gif

We're picking this DVD up this weekend.

Yeah, Dragonfyr, EVERYONE gets it. Both sides. In classic South Park style. My favorite South Park characters are the celebrity impersonations.....which are, as Parker and Stone say, "done poorly......and should not be viewed by anyone". Kim Jong Il is a must see! Excellent current events based humor and commentary.

And that theme song.....it goes something like "America, Oh Yeah2.gif" hehehehe...

I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I pre-ordered the unrated version. The only difference I can tell from the R rated version is a cringe inducing addition to an otherwise LMAO funny puppet sex scene. It takes a lot to gross me out but that was over the line. I may just double dip and get the R rated version as well. The transfer to DVD looks great and the audio is good too.

Dave H

"just shows that some really juvenile humor is still hilarious."

Not only hilarious....but Parker and Stone do an excellent job at making points/commentary in the midst of the bawdy satire. If you can "normalize" yourself to the insane scenarios, there's very often opinion or commentary imbedded within. I can watch South Park episodes multiple times, because there are always things I miss on the first viewing.

There is much more depth to the commentary than the sophmoric jokes show on the surface. Parker and Stone address some deep and controversial issues by making you laugh your *** off, because that's the only way to make the point without losing people.

I look at Parker/Stone as modern day video versions of Frank Zappa.

----------------

On 5/27/2005 8:51:00 AM dblue wrote:

Oh man, I lauged my A$$ off during this movie. I was crying. I loved the 'vomit' scene..just shows that some really juvenile humor is still hilarious.

America! F Yeah!

----------------

My favorite part was Michael Moore suicide bomber.

I also enjoy the slams the Koreans get (I live in Korea). They are full of themselves and their music sucks!7.gif

I picked up a copy of the unrated version Friday night. It was the first movie I watched with my new system. The sex scene alone was worth the price of the DVD. Absolutly, hillarious! I beleive that Stone and Parker are way ahead of their time. South Park, IMO, is the funniest thing on television.

My wife and I rented the unrated version a couple of nights ago. I thought there were a few grins in the movie, but the

hot puppet sex might have been one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a movie. I havn't heard my wife laugh that hard in a long time. Worth a rent, but only the unrated version.

Yep, I've watched it twice now (the rated and unrated versions once each) and it is just hysterical. And the songs are deeply imbedded in my skull...can't keep them out of my head. Particularly America F Yeah (does anyone else think it sounds like cheesy "Top Gun" Patriotic pop...yet with James Hetfield from Metallica doing the vocals?) and the song from "Lease - The Muscial." Freakin' hilarious I tell you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just like to add that I just tonight watched the un-rated version, and I can't believe it! I had to go and re-watch the puppet sex scene, and I was laughing so hard, tears were rolling down my face, and my cheeks hurt so bad. 9.gif My brother Dan and his wife were laughing hysterically for about 5 minutes, non-stop!

3 thumbs up for the unrated version!!!3.gif