Academy For Sale

rplace

I originally purchased 3 Academies off of ebay for 1800 dollars (600 each) One was damaged in shipping so I was left with two. I experimented with the remaining two pulling duty as front and rear centers in a 6.1 set up and then as R/L surrounds in the same 6.1 set up. Chorus and Forte II were the other speakers in use. They excelled in both uses.

For about 10 years or so prior to that I have used Forte/Academy/Forte as my 5.1 system and yes the Academy is that good. IMO if you are using Quartet, Forte or Chorus you simply must have an Academy as your center.

The only reason I am getting rid of the Academy is because I have recently acquired khorns and have gone with khorns and heresies all around. The one academy has already been sold to forum member bitece. I think he would be more then willing to speak about my accurate description of the speaker prior to his purchase.

I would prefer local pick up but have the ability to pack it so I am quite certain it will arrive intact. Ask Tubes, Horns and Buds about my packing of his heresy if you have any doubt.

I am just looking to get close to my money back but not really interested in giving this away. I will sell it for 575 and I will pay the shipping. If you have the ability to come and get it great I will let it go for 550.

The speaker is in fantastic shape all corners are perfect. All edges are clean and crisp. There is a few spots where the blackness is starting to wear thin. I noticed when I wiped it down with lemon oil that the cloth got a little darker in color. All my other Klipsch speakers are oiled so I guess you need to clean the black ones with something else. I have seen a couple of posts in the forum about how to get all the black back on the speakers do this an you will have a 10 of 10 speaker.

I have over 20 extremely high resolution photo of the Academy as this link. Academy For Sale Next to each link is a brief description of what you are looking at. I have tired to make the speaker look as bad as possible using lots of light and a flash. It looks way better in person then with the harshness of flash photography.

If you are not happy with the way it looks or sounds when you get it, ship it back to me at your expense in the exact same condition I sent it to you in and I will give you all of your money back. You are not going to find that offer on ebay. I want you to be as happy with this phenomenal speaker as I have been.

I live in the Baltimore area. I am willing to meet you along 95 if you like for delivery. D.C, philly or N.J is a short drive to my house.

For all of you Academy doubters out there find 10-12 others who want to audition an Academy and send me 50 bucks each. You can then ship it between yourselves and arm-wrestle over who gets it in the end.

If you have any questions give me a yell. Warning for dial up users these are very large files they will take a long time to render. NOTE each photo opens up into another browser. Use the links and descriptions below to see what I have to say about each picture.

Rich's description of the Academy was completely accurate. I can wholeheartedly endorse Rich's depiction of his merchandise and his willingness to facilitate a transaction. I bought a pair of Heresy II's and an Academy from Rich and they were exactly as advertised.

Rich is a good guy-- you can't go wrong!

----------------

On 5/27/2005 6:21:42 AM rplace wrote:

UPS paid out on the claim in full for 600 dollars in turn they took the entire speaker and the packing from the damaged item.

----------------

WOW!!!, Nice to hear that some carriers still take care of their customers. FedEx just sucks for situations like this.

Well, almost 250 views and only mild interest. I'll drop the price 25 bucks and wait another day before putting it on ebay. 550 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48. 525 if you come and get it.

Thanks for looking.

----------------

On 5/29/2005 5:53:56 PM Gilbert wrote:

----------------

On 5/27/2005 6:21:42 AM rplace wrote:

UPS paid out on the claim in full for 600 dollars in turn they took the entire speaker and the packing from the damaged item.

----------------

WOW!!!, Nice to hear that some carriers still take care of their customers. FedEx just sucks for situations like this.

----------------

That is just the opposite of what happened in my case! Well, actually, both paid for the damage they caused but FedEx was much more prompt and professional. UPS declined it, at first, blaming it on the "improper packaging" and then strung it out for anopther 4 weeks before they finally paid.

For now, I will ship FedEx preferred and maybe give DHL a try before I go back to UPS.

That is just the opposite of what happened in my case! Well, actually, both paid for the damage they caused but FedEx was much more prompt and professional. UPS declined it, at first, blaming it on the "improper packaging" and then strung it out for anopther 4 weeks before they finally paid.

For now, I will ship FedEx preferred and maybe give DHL a try before I go back to UPS.

----------------

Do you recall if it was FedEx or FedEx "ground". Big difference. FedEx, from what I have heard is pretty good at paying out...on the other hand FedEx Ground (the old RPS) is terrible (my experiance). Never had a claim with FedEx non-ground, so can't say. As for DHL my Carada screen was shipped to me via DHL because of the size. The are the WORST, but that is another story all together. Carada, however was a pleasure to deal with.

----------------

On 6/2/2005 10:14:53 AM rplace wrote:

Sale pending to forum member...thanks to all!

----------------

purchase pending from forum member.

thanks to the forum, I purchased direct rather than playing e-bay lotto.

forte-academy-forte on the horizon, now all I need is a pair of oak fortes for rear surrounds...

----------------

On 6/2/2005 1:05:55 PM rplace wrote:

----------------

Do you recall if it was FedEx or FedEx "ground". Big difference. FedEx, from what I have heard is pretty good at paying out...on the other hand FedEx Ground (the old RPS) is terrible (my experiance). Never had a claim with FedEx non-ground, so can't say. As for DHL my Carada screen was shipped to me via DHL because of the size. The are the WORST, but that is another story all together. Carada, however was a pleasure to deal with.

----------------

It was FedEx Ground just your cheapest, run of the mill ground service with insurance. They gave me virtually no hassles on my claim and allowed me to keep the speakers in which I pulled out the glue gun and soldering iron and fixed. So, they are now as good as "used" plus they were free!

Oh, congrats to the buyer and seller of the Academy! (The least I could do since the post got hijacked...)