OT: ......Pics of my vacation

Joe Shmoe

Thought some of you may enjoy seeing a few ways I cheated death this past holiday weekend. My apologies to AMY for taking up a little space (although I did resize these)Those of you with 56k or the like, these may take a bit..

Heres a shot of Cedar Point standing in my truck bed in the parking lot the day we arrived.

111fv.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the Millenium Force coaster later that night. After I had taken this picture the coaster stopped right there & those people were stuck there for about 20 minutes!

001mf.jpg

Here's a couple cool shots of The Raptor coaster, one of my favorite rides.

002rptr.jpg

003rptr.jpg

This is a newer coaster called The Wicked Twister. This is just one side of the ride, it is actually a U-shaped coaster, you go up one side, and back up the other side.

004wt.jpg

OK, now here's the sweetest ride of them all, only second to the Millenium Force... this ride is the Top Thrill Dragster. This bad boy shoots you down the track at 120mph! Once at the end you go 90 degrees straight up. twist sideways turn around, twist again and it's straight back! This is one heck of a ride... well worth the wait!

005tt.jpg

006tt.jpg

This is the Power Tower... you have two options here, either be shot up to the top at 70mph or so or be brought slowly up and dropped to the bottom. And yes.. that's yours truly on the right.

007pt.jpg

008pt.jpg

OK, finally the end... here me and my wife are at Cabellas massive store here in Michigan, near the Ohio border. These are two giant bears they have in the front of the store. It's an awesome place... I couldn't even begin to guess at how many mounted animals they have on display, plus an indoor aquarium!

009c.jpg

Great pics Joe, thanks for sharing. I remember doing a few illegal activities in that same parking lot some 26 years ago. I also remember vacations... last one was two years ago this past Feb, and that was to to my wifes folks place in AZ for a week. Does Cedar Point still have the old wooden roller coaster that they were famous for years ago? I forget the name, it was nothing like todays coasters, but was quite the thrill ride back in the day.

Those are some nice pics. Up until a few years ago, we used to goto Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL for 2 days. Altho the wait on some rides was an hour or more, after 7 pm the crowd lessened and some of the rides were no wait at all! They had the American Eagle wooden roller coaster that was an antique - and it really beat the heck out of you.

I am not sure when/if we'll ever get back there, but that sure brought back memories of a great time.

NP - Michael Lee Firkins - Decomposition

Joe: I'm glad you are doing much better! Thanks for sharing the photos. I've not been to Cedar Point, but I have been to that Cabela's in Dundee many times. I agree; it's quite a place! It is Cabela's largest store.

My son gets out of school tomorrow, so we will be heading down to Cedar Point one day next week. My son's 9 years old and he's finally tall enough to ride all the coasters. I can't wait, my wife, son and I love the coasters. I don't care as much for the spinning rides as I did when I was younger, so I usually sit those out and let them ride.

The last 2 years we went the dragster was broke down all day, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's working this time.

Ah, yea... that Dragster ride is the S***! That and the Millenium Force did cause a part of my body to pucker lol.

When you go, be sure to get around to all the new rides first & get what they call a "FastPAss" I think it's called something like that... they stamp your hand & you come back at the required time, then you don't have to wait in the long line, you kust coast right by everyone. I beieve you are allowed two per day?

We went with friends who had small children... they had what was called a "ParentPass" I think you get it at the registration booth... you can give that to an attendant after the ride you were on & then your other half who was watching the small kids can just cut right to the front also. Those are just some good tips to save time waiting in line.

All in all... definitley a great time... I will be going back I think, later this summer!

Oh, the wooden coaster is called the "Gemini" it's pretty good, not bad for a wooden coaster, but you do get a little beat up on it.... makes all the new coasters with the newer technology seem that much smoother.

----------------

On 6/2/2005 7:02:41 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Oh, the wooden coaster is called the "Gemini" it's pretty good, not bad for a wooden coaster, but you do get a little beat up on it.... makes all the new coasters with the newer technology seem that much smoother.

----------------

I don't think the Gemini is too bad, but they have another wooden coaster towards the back of the park called Mean Streak that beats the snot out of me.

The last time I rode it I had trouble getting off it when the ride was over, my back and neck hurt like hell.

Yea, now that you say it Rick, that was the ride that did my Mom in for the day a few years ago. She already had back problems, then after riding that ride, she was done for the day! I think theres another old ride in the fron left side of the park called the Blue Streak? I believe that's the oldest coaster in the park... and it sure feels like it. I thought at one point I was going to fly out of the friggin car lol.