Klipsch rocks

wstrickland1

This stuff is so addicting. You set out to make a small upgrade and end up spending more than your parents did on their first house. Fun stuff, a nice and safe hobby although very addicting. I have jumped in with both feet. It started out with a set of surround speakers to go with my KLF 30s and KLF C7 center. A pair of RS 7s, a pair of RB 35s, a B & K Reference 50/Reference 200.7, a Denon DVD 2900, a Samsung HLN617W, a Martin Logan Depth subwoofer, a hughes HD reciever and $750 worth of cables later, I am broke but lovin' Home Theater.

Whats next? I still have some available credit.

CORRECTION

My center is a KV4. It looks identical to the KLF C7, which is what I'm supposed to have with th 30s, but do I need to trade? Anyone wanna trade a KLF C7 for a KV4 in excellent condition? are they worth the same? Do they sound the same? Will I hear the difference?

Wire 2 pairs of 3 shakers each in series, then wire the (2), 3 shaker pairs in parallel, this will get you a total load impedance of 6 ohms, that plate amp will drive it no problem.

Attach these to the bottom of your sofa firmly, then plug and play, for best results, split the sub / Lfe out in the receiver, and run a single RCA cable to the plate amp.

Well, I answered my own question. Picked up a nice KLF C7 to match my KLF 30s today and swapped out the KV4. It is much much smoother and I am glad I did it. There definitely is difference. If I can tell, the difference is obviously huge. One more question. I have a chance to pick up a pair of KLF-20s. Would it be better to use those as side surrounds and move the RS 7s to the back surround? Or I could leave the RB 35s in the back and sell the RS 7s. Any opinions?

----------------

On 6/3/2005 8:01:40 PM wstrickland1 wrote:

I have a chance to pick up a pair of KLF-20s. Would it be better to use those as side surrounds and move the RS 7s to the back surround? Or I could leave the RB 35s in the back and sell the RS 7s. Any opinions?

----------------

Get the '20s as side surrounds, move the '7s to the back, and unload the '35s

That should be an awesome system. Another option would be to unload both the '35 and '7s and get a second pair of '20s for the rear (or something similar to what I have - get a second KLF-C7 and put that in the rear as a 6.1 setup). At least, that way, you'll have completely matched Legend series speakers all the way around, instead of a mixed Reference/Legend setup as you currently have.

----------------

On 6/3/2005 8:01:40 PM wstrickland1 wrote:

I have a chance to pick up a pair of KLF-20s.

----------------

And also to add: I think I know of which KLF-20s you are looking to pick up. 2.gif

Sounds like you already managed to score the KLF-C7 - might as well go for the gold and grab up those '20s as well! 11.gif

If you have the room size, get the 20's. If not get C7's for your surrounds. I am in the middle of building a 15 x 27 x 9 dedicated theater room and the KLF-30's I had for surrounds were overkill. C7's will do a very nice job in surround duty and offer more flexibility in placement.

An all Legend series theater is about as sweet as it gets...9.gif If course the "heritage guys" might argue that point...2.gif (And I might even agree...)