LUXMAN...Here We Go Again....

Gilbert

I have a Luxman C300(1981-83) SS preamp if your interested. I would be willing to send it to you and let you take a listen and if you don't like it send it back. If you like it send me a money order for $275.

Xman

----------------

On 6/2/2005 9:32:03 PM Gilbert wrote:

I have an opportunity to pick up either a C-1010 or C-05 preamp. Anyone here familiar with these?

I'm gonna do some web research right now, but will check back again later. See Ya!!
----------------

If you're reffering to the ones currently on Audiogon, They're way overpriced.

The C-1010 usually sells for around $200 on ebay.

You got it Guy. That's the one I'm eyeballing. The seller is in Houston, and the company has several jobs in that area right now. So I was thinkin about dropping by and picking it up. Based on some research that I've done, his price is just a little high. I spoke with him, and he's very willing to negotiate.

CB, I've been watching that CX since it first popped up. A buddy from the audiokarma forum emialed me the info....It's good to have friends to aid in the search....1.gif

Here's a photo of the C-05 from the inside. One of the guys from the audiokarma site posted it....

I'm also finding out that their best SS pre was the 5000a,....I'm still researching. Enjoy the pic

C-05.jpg

post-12381-13819266294934_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/3/2005 10:10:14 PM DeanG wrote:

Me too. What do we have there, 30 watts of Class A? The tubes -- are those the ones you can't get anymore?
----------------

Yup, the tubes are very scarce.

If you inspect the pic of the power transformer closely, You'll see that it has a 100 volt primary. I'm doubted that it's a US version that runs of a 120 volt mains. The 120 V sticker doesn't look too real to me either.

The seller's feedback of 92% is another thing that would make me stay away from this amp.

"triode outputs tubes (50C-A10 for the MQ68C and 8045G for the MB3045) and the same input complement as the MB3045 of 6240G and 6267/EF86 tubes. The 50C-A10 output tube was likewise manufactured by NEC. There still are a number of 50C-A10 tubes out there though it does take some effort to locate them. Luxman recommends the 6CG7 as the substitute for the 6240G"

the 6240G, 6267 and 6CG7 are all available from tubeworld.com, the 50C-A10 can be found at http://www.audiolamp.com/page42.html.

http://www.audioshopper.com/MQ68C.htm

http://www.audioinvest.no/luxman/products/l_mq68c.htm

tony

That is a beautiful amp Tony. Very nice indeed....Based on my limited tube experience, I'm sure it will out shine the SS amp I recently aquired. But I'm positive it will blow the budget I'm trying to hold, by a land slide, which was a grand (no including the heresys). By the time I aquire a Preamp the budget will have over by a little.