Receiver on a Budget....

TekWorm

Kinda' leanin' toward the Pioneer (partially cause I have a o-o-o-ld Pioneer Stereo Receiver that keeps performin')... 1.gif

I didn't care much for a friend's older HK (only one I've got to hear), and I've read a lot (good) about the Denon.. but I'd like to stay with the one's I can actually put to at least a showroom hands-on listen.

I don't have a "Storefront" Denon Dealer anywhere near me (rats!)

Hard 'nuff guessing how they'll sound with my Klipsch sats & Center (brite'ish) and paradigm Sub (warm'ish) 9.gif

Do any of you folks know if either the Yammy or Pioneer exhibit a predominantly "warm" nature(?)

I'm guessing that might be the way to go(?).

I got to listen to these two, briefly, on a matched Paradigm system... Dealer only had Klipsch Subs and Centers in stock..LOL.. so I really can't guess the results with my Klipsch shelfies.

Thanks a bunch for the input... 1.gif

The Pioneer would be ok,big bang for the "new"buck.I would choose the HK 235/230/330/335 for musicality or the Denons.Of course I also would buy used because you get twice more for the same money,all imo.

Tekworm,

You have a PM. If it were to come down to the Pioneer or Yahama, I can tell you I had a Yahama with my Klipsch speakers for about a month and it did a very good job. I have had a Denon so long now I can't tell you how they compared, I can only tell you I certainly like the sound of my Denon.

I had an old Pioneer system before I got my Klipsch that lasted 10 years without a problem. Well, there actually was a problem, the pioneer speakers were crap, but I didn't figure that out until I got some good Klipsch speakers to place beside them. I have been frequenting this site ever since...

Good luck!

D

----------------

On 6/3/2005 4:08:50 PM D-Rex wrote:

Tekworm,

You have a PM. If it were to come down to the Pioneer or Yahama, I can tell you I had a Yahama with my Klipsch speakers for about a month and it did a very good job. I have had a Denon so long now I can't tell you how they compared, I can only tell you I certainly like the sound of my Denon.

I had an old Pioneer system before I got my Klipsch that lasted 10 years without a problem. Well, there actually was a problem, the pioneer speakers were crap, but I didn't figure that out until I got some good Klipsch speakers to place beside them. I have been frequenting this site ever since...

Good luck!

D

----------------

I have just upgraded to the Marantz line of avr and WOW what a difference throw Yamaha,Pioneer, Denon and Harmon Karmon away look at what Marantz has its warm and tube like.

Tekworm

Bash here again take a listen at your nearest Marantz dealer and look at the many options. The mellow feel of the Marantz reminds me of the old marantz equiptment in the 70's build quality extra heavy duty you will not go wrong. After audition you can even buy something on Ebay (I bought a sr7000 for under 400.00) makes my Klipsch Forte II's sing .

Bash