Scam at JuicyMusic?

scott0527

So my brand new Blueberry Extreme arrives today so I open it up and what do I find? Old tubes! Old tubes in a brand new preamp! What a ripoff. Oh they look brand new but they can't fool me. I know damn well that Telefunken and Amperex Bugle Boy aren't making tubes anymore. At least there are a lot of fat yellow caps, I was happy about that. But I threw those old tubes away and put in some brand new Sovteks, I did.

Yeh, guess things have just gone to hell at JM. For example, just a year ago I got my Peach and it had all new tubes. Current manufacture stuff. Not relics that have been lying around collecting dust.

At least Mark has kept his sense of humor!2.gif

All kidding aside, the new black faceplate looks really cool. It does not photograph as good as it looksl. It is very black and the lettering has just a hint of grey? Blueberry not nearly as blue as in the photos we've all seen. You can't read a damn thing on it but there's not much to read anyway. It's art you know.

Most importantly, it sounds wonderful. I can't stop listening.

Don't lighten it up the lettering too much! It is the coolest looking unit I have ever seen. I'm thinking I might try to darken up the bright white lines on the knobs, so you know what I think about bright white. The whole thing(cabinet too) looks really great.

I'm not using the "Cream" just yet. I'm waiting for my Linn to be fixed and then will start checking out LOMC cartridges at that time. Last night I had my finely tuned Thorens TD160 with an AT 440 cartridge plugged into Phono 2. Man, was it sounding great!