Harman Kardon 930 on Ebay

arfandbark

I think the best way to help someone get a good deal is to NOT post the eBay auction here. If someone is truely interested they will search eBay and not here for good deals. By posting a particular auction here all that does is start a bidding war between forum members. I too have been burned many times by coming really close to getting a great deal only to have someone post a link to the URL here and drum up all sorts of interest from people who "want one for their bathroom" or "would like to have a spare" (people who really don't NEED something) when people like me who search eBay for a deal on an amp to use in my main system gets the price driven up. I think people actually think they are helping by making posts like this, but they are really doing quite the opposite.

Well, yes and no. People here will back off and wait for the next one if they know a forum member is after a particular piece. You can help yourself by placing a post, maybe in General, along the lines of "Hey, I'm bidding on item #8675309 and my eBay ID is reallywantoneoftheseamps, so please hang back or let me know if you've put in a bid ahead of me and I'll wait for the next one."

The good folks here will honor your request. We're nice like that.

----------------

On 6/15/2005 1:09:13 PM Olorin wrote:

Well, yes and no. People here will back off and wait for the next one if they know a forum member is after a particular piece. You can help yourself by placing a post, maybe in General, along the lines of "Hey, I'm bidding on item #8675309 and my eBay ID is reallywantoneoftheseamps, so please hang back or let me know if you've put in a bid ahead of me and I'll wait for the next one."

The good folks here will honor your request. We're nice like that.

----------------

Yes, but I have to agree with 2ndGenKlipsch. For instance, as I type this there are 127 anonymous users on the board. Do you think these folks are going to 'back off' so one of the members can get a better deal on ebay? I think not. I think it is a bad idea to post ebay auctions here, unless you are selling something and want everybody to know.

BSA, I meant no attack on you or your garage. 1.gif I was more so talking about people who aren't actually looking for any gear, but if they stumble upon some quality gear at a good price will ****** it up. Those are the people who are tipped off by an auction that is posted here whereas people who are actively looking for something will look on eBay. So I'll withdraw my reference about needing gear for the bathroom...after all we all spend lots of time in there. 2.gif

• Moderators

I won't bid if someone here on the forum is biding, one reason is i am cheap. Also too many other projects started ,and many more planed, so i must go a little at a time.

Check some of these profiles, many here are not playing.

Would love to hear some of these systems, although it might be cheaper if i don't.

• Like 1

As someone who got 4 beautiful La Scalas... plus two extra bottoms for Colterphoto1, I will chime in here. I found about them on this BB. They were an "exact match for what I already have... same year, same x overs, drivers, etc., etc., and all split too..a rare find. If it had NOT been for this board and looking out for them myself and some other posters I could have never realized my dream of exactly the same speakers... now 7 of them for use in my future HT.

At what point in your example does it seem crazy..??

George Carlin had a joke about driving fast I will re work here...

Those that have MORE Klipsch than you are !&*^#@!%!@

Those that have LESS are !@&$#^!@!!@7

hahahahahahahahaha

Personally I would rather see someone on here get it and help other people find their dream systems by alerting others than to pretend no one looks at Ebay or the Want Ads, except yourself... And is off limits to other people.

It is survival of the fittest out there.

If you want to protect yourself you can usually use buy it now... Or just be aggressive early. If you give us a heads up we will alert you. Lord knows I have turned people on to deals on here all the time. And I think in every case a THANK YOU, Roger, came back pretty quick.

The 930 had a buy it now for 150.. I suggest arfandbark

you better grab it now.. HE just did!!

heck, when I find a good deal on ebay that I want, I don't even bid on it at all until just before the auction closes . . . I'm that afraid of bringing attention to my find and thereby drive the bidding up, LOL

btw, I just pick-up a new set of stands for my new RB-35s for only $3.99 plus $12.00 S&H 2.gif

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I just know that I have been bidding on some equipment on eBay before and within an hour of the auction being advertised on this board an influx of new bidders come on board driving up the price. Twice this has happened. I certainly could have let people know I was bidding on that item and asked to please not be outbid, but quite honestly I just wouldn't feel right doing that. I could also ask around here for help finding the gear I am looking for, but I am searching for a good deal and a good deal to me is a bad deal for the seller and I don't want anyone here getting a bad deal.

It is no secret, that one of the keys to getting a good price on eBay is lack of interest...no bidders equals lower prices...PERIOD. I know I'm not the only one on eBay, but when I'm about to ****** up some gear at a great price it's frustrating when someone advertises it to the world. I know people here post these things to help other people here out, but it doesn't always help...that's what I'm trying to say.

Jeepers creepers.... Buy it now is buy it now..... I meant to hurt no one by buying now....

I didn't rob another Klipschter.... I bought the thing.

I'm sorry I made the point that I bought it now.....

I paid many pretty pennies for that thing.

I could have said nothing.

There will be more 930's, 730's, 630's....

Don't hold it against me for a "Buy it now"......

WOOF!