Thanks RPlace!! You Made My Day

garymd

I came home today to a box from Acoustic Sounds with the Classic Records reissue of Horace Silver's "6 Pieces Of Silver." I knew immediately that Rich had sent it since we were talking about it the other day when he was over. It's playing as I write this.1.gif

Rich is a hell of a guy. That was a VERY pleasant suprise to come home to after a pretty lousy day at work. Thanks again pal.12.gif

----------------

On 6/16/2005 8:12:14 PM garymd wrote:

I came home today to a box from Acoustic Sounds with the Classic Records reissue of Horace Silver's "6 Pieces Of Silver." I knew immediately that Rich had sent it since we were talking about it the other day when he was over. It's playing as I write this.
1.gif

Rich is a hell of a guy. That was a VERY pleasant suprise to come home to after a pretty lousy day at work. Thanks again pal.
12.gif

----------------

I know that feeling, Gary. I came home one day and found a box of CDs from Sputnik in the mail. All were good, but the one of Les Paul and Chet Atkins together is smokin'! Thanks Sputnik!!!

Rick.

Cool man, I am glad it made it. I had to be stealth like to find your address...was hoping I got it right. About 9PM I put 6 pieces on my TT thinking you might be listening about the same time. Then threw on the Miles Davis you gave me on Sunday.

Just wanted to say thanks for the khorn help and the reintroduction to vinyl.

Enjoy!

BTW that 200g reissue with the shiny jacket is a pretty cool piece even when it is not playing don't-ya-think?

What a great album and like most of Reid Miles' cutting edge work, another great Blue Note cover.

Steve - No Indy for for me this year. My CA trip in March was it for forum related travel this year. I'll miss seeing everyone. Last year was a blast. Are you coming to Marty's this Saturday?????

----------------

On 6/16/2005 9:32:25 PM garymd wrote:

Are you coming to Marty's this Saturday?????

----------------

Did not know there was anything going on! PM/e-mail the directions and time, as I have nothing really going on this saturday. I would not mind coming up. 10.gif

----------------

On 6/16/2005 9:39:24 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 6/16/2005 9:32:25 PM garymd wrote:

Are you coming to Marty's this Saturday?????

----------------

Did not know there was anything going on! PM/e-mail the directions and time, as I have nothing really going on this saturday. I would not mind coming up.
10.gif

----------------

Cool! I was at Larry's today and we were wondering why we hadn't heard from you. I'm sure Marty would love to have another body to admire all his gear!9.gif

I'll email you directions and any other details from work tomorrow unless Marty wants to himself. I believe it was an open invitation to all forum members. Check out the "THEBES-A-THON" thread.

BTW - He live in VA, near Dulles so it isn't quite as far for you.

----------------

On 6/16/2005 9:40:48 PM Seadog wrote:

"Les Paul and Chet Atkins together is smokin'! "

Would that be 'Chester and Lester, Guitar Monsters'? My friend in college had that album. It's been 25 yrs since I heard that one.

----------------

That's close, Seadog.....it's Chet Atkins and Les Paul - Monsters Of The Guitar. Wanna copy? Send me your address through pm and I'll fix you up.

Rick.

EDIT: I was wrong, too! It's "Masters of the Guitar" not "Monsters of the Guitar".

----------------

On 6/16/2005 8:42:08 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

I know that feeling, Gary. I came home one day and found a box of CDs from Sputnik in the mail. All were good, but the one of Les Paul and Chet Atkins together is smokin'! Thanks Sputnik!!!

Rick.

----------------

Glad you liked them Rick. That Chet Atkins and Les Paul album is one of my all time favorites. Chet Atkins did a similar album with Mark Knopfler that is also very good. Rick, thanks again for the music you sent. Good stuff. In fact, I was just listening to the Blues Selects CD - that one by Poonanny is great.