Tyco put the last nail in the real Dynaco's coffin

DizRotus

Can't feel sorry for the Tyco defendants and their guilty verdicts. Tyco's purchase of Dynaco killed one of the few companies that catered to knowledgeable audio enthusiasts. Dynaco, as we learned to know and love it, might have already been on life support, but Tyco then pulled the plug.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The fact that David Hafler was unable to carry on Dynacos mission suggests that Dyna was dead with or without Tyco. Dynaco exists now in name only.

----------------

On 6/18/2005 9:50:23 PM boomer9911 wrote:

is this related to the MJ trial by chance, buy you a slurpee if you share.
----------------

Jacko rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but to the best of my knowledge he has no connection to Tyco or Dynaco.

MJ a tubeophile? Probably. MJ an audiophile? Unlikely.

----------------

On 6/19/2005 11:47:12 AM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

"exploder 1 " ... as the title on the JPEG ...

so Aptly named ...

who can forget the death knell of quality car stereo's ..

the " KRAPO" brand ....
9.gif

----------------

A long time ago when I didn't know any better I had one of the Kraco sound exploders with a fried side.

My buddie and I were looking over the unit thinking "how can they make junk like this?"

So we decided to give the transistor on the working side the death test. We unhooked the heatsink from the transistor and let it hang free air.

We then scrounged up every speaker we could find and starting hooking them up to the working side in parallel, car stereo drivers, home speaker drivers, blown and drivers with frapped cones. 15 inch, 12 inch, on down to tweeters.

We probably would have used resistors for load if we were smart enough, but speaker drivers are a reactive load so it gave the full effect anyway.

We managed five or six drivers in parallel before the Rat Shack "Micronta" 12 volt PS starting kicking it's breaker.

We then went and found a battery.

We hooked up twelve speaker drivers of various sizes and condition in parallel before the little transistor's die face cracked and let out a big puff of white smoke. "Snap!"

Mild entertainment for a boring day.....