RF-7s on the way

norcuron

Hi All,

I wound up getting an offer I couldn't refuse today. I wound up telling a dealer go ahead and order me a pair of RF-7s. He offered me any color (chose Cherry) brand new order for $1200 out the door. I am looking forward to playing with them as soon as they arrive. Here is my question. I still have my Chorus IIs which are in perfect shape. I was considering selling them but have now been kind of reconsidering setting up a seperate 2 channel room. I have never heard them powered by anything other than a Carver TFM45 amp with either an old Carver pre-amp (no surround but was great sounding C-6 I think it was) or my current Marantz receiver (with TFM45 powering the Chorus). I am thinking I really will consider keeping them if you guys think I have never really even heard part of their musical potential. I am not really into classical music etc. I am 36 and still like listening to 80s rock everything from AC/DC to Depech Mode (I know,I know that is quite a spectrum). I do like a little country here and there. I do like to listen to my music loud sometimes and push the Choruses close to their max. Do the tube amps really have the gumption to play loud and strong like the Carver stuff or is it more for really detailed classical music where you want to be able to identify where that clarinet player was sitting? Thanks for input and I look forward to hearing what suggetions you have if their are tube amp setups that would fit this need. As for the RF-7s I am still considering what to upgrade my Marrantz to. Thanks again.

I recieved a pair of cherry RF7's recently and the finish on them is perfect top to bottom. With the legs and spikes attached they can easily be walked wherever they need to go.

80's rock?..you are in for a real treat...lol.

(edited:) I would like to add they will reveal any flawed components used with them, and that is a good thing in my book.16.gif

For real, $1200 for a pair of RF7's is astounding!

You're also a lucky duck that your taste primarily lies in rock. The Reference series excels in all things rock n' roll. In fact, in my opinion, the References are best for rock music, whereas Heritage is best suited for classical, jazz, and genres smoother and less brutal (potentially).

Congrats on the great speakers and the great price! A friend of mine has a pair of RF-7 speakers that he bought a few years ago. He had me to his place and I couldn't believe that music could sound so good.

I distinctly remember listening to Phil Collins "Take Me Home" and the triangle or whatever instrument that they play during the chorus was so clear it just about took my breath away.

On a side note, I'm expecting shipment on Friday of a pair of RF-25 speakers that I got on eBay for $461 including shipping, brand new in the box!

Thanks for the replies. I am just lucky to know a great dealer who loves A/V stuff. I posted a question about this in the HT forums but my latest dilemna is he offered me a brand new sealed Aragon Stage1 pre-amp and 2007 amp for $4500. I have concerns such as Klipsch may be replacing them soon with newer stuff and, well you know in general to me $4500 is a lot of $$$$. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for info. I really appreciate the advice.