People of Faith

Deang

Missed this thread yesterday - and now its four pages. Glad to hear whatever it was went well for whoever it was - they have my best wishes.

as for this:

"It looks like out of Political Correctness, maybe Political-Religious Correctness, some here are equating Christianity with Islam, as if one is as valid as the other.

Also, there is only one God. Individuals don't each get a God of their own."

There is indeed only one God - and his name is Allah!

The above is not actually my opinion just an Islamic quote - just strange to watch one's children, who are virtually twins, to argue so....

Christianity and Islam have far more in common than either cares to admit. They are both the illegitimate children of Judism. Both believe in a single God and in every Saint / Holyman upto Jesus Christ. Both are also proselitizing religions - and hense the loathing. Membership numbers are also similar.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...lol,

I'm standing in an Acura dealer waiting on an oil change being performed on my wifes car. Too bad the new models have Bose inside...... Can you believe $50,000 for an auto now day's? That is ridiculous.

It's nice outside too!9.gif

There is one main thing I love about this thread: This is the only forum I've ever been associated with where such discussion is not met with violence from both sides. For nearly 8 years, I was a member of an airship discussion list. The bear mention of any faith topic (for or against) was met with extreme intolerance from all sides. It wasn't pretty and it was not civilized.

A pat on the back to this fine community where all viewpoints are met with a degree of tolerance to be found in few places on this planet.

My own basis in theology is founded in the teachings of Lao Tzu. It was through his writings that I finally understood that it was not possible for a temporal being to comprehend the non-temporal and that all that can result from an attempt to do so is error. That led me to return to the practice of Christianity with a new devotion and an understanding that it, like all other approaches to the Eternal, is simply a way for we temporal creatures to approach that which we cannot possibly understand. We call it Faith. That same approach also leaves me quite happy to acknowledge that there is no such thing as a wrong way to approach that which one cannot comprehend. While living in Singapore, I participated with great pleasure and an open mind in Hindu, Islamic, Buddhist, and Shinto rites, ceremonies and celebrations with an open heart and mind and found these to be no more or less sound approaches to the Eternal as the religion of my own tribe (the Christianity of the west).

Anyway, I am grateful for this group.

...and for Dean.

Dave

Therefore, it is not up to me to suggest that