Auditioning Klispchorns and later selling my Cornwalls

link

I am going to buy a pair soon and was wondering if anyone new of a dealer between Tampa and Jacksonville, including Orlando where I might be able to audition a pair. I heard them some time ago but wanted to hear them again. Once I decide to buy, I will be putting up my cornwall 2's for sale. There great but I always wanted a pair of Klipschorns so I can't turn back now. My cornwalls are in Mint condition and have been in a closet for the past six years being tested every year in January and I keep the wood finish oiled to preserve the wood. They are Oak with Black Grills and believe it or not, I still have them in the Original Boxes. They were purchased by me in 1986. I won't sell them until I place my order for the Horns. Would appreciate any feedback on getting to audition a pair........Thanks.

Buy the K-Horns, keep the Cornwalls.

Buy 2 K-401 midrange horns for the Cornwalls. Build two "top hat" type upper cabinets for the Cornwalls to match the top of the K-Horns and mount the K-401's in there with the mid drivers from inside the Cornwalls. Leave tweeter and woofer in Cornwall. Change crossover per Cornscala thread and place in corners opposite K-Horns.

You will then have K-Horns and "CornerScalas". Two channel stereo, four channel stereo, or HT. You pick . . .

The sound is incredible!! No sub required here . . .

i am a cornerhorhorn owner, i used to be a cornwaller, why be in such a hurry to buy the khorns, especially since you do not know what they sound like? the cornwalls are such an awsome speaker, the khorns are better yes, but they do not have the cornwall punch, as soon as i can afford another pair i am going to buy another pair of cornwalls, just because they are that good, do not buy just on the bragging rights

well im a klipsch speaker fan, , i have always wante the big boys, but at the time they were to heavy for me to move around.... i could have picked them up new for 1,000 ea... but now there a fortune,,, oh well i say if you can afford the best go for it , you only live once..... if you choose to sell the corn's, ill be in line to buy them as i know they would make a great home, next to my la scalas, and your welcome to visit your old kids any time.. so let me know, if i an afford them,,, of coarse their old enough that the speakers probably need to be reconed, hope to hear from you... bye.

----------------

On 6/29/2005 8:56:42 AM marksdad wrote:

i am a cornerhorhorn owner, i used to be a cornwaller, why be in such a hurry to buy the khorns, especially since you do not know what they sound like? the cornwalls are such an awsome speaker, the khorns are better yes, but they do not have the cornwall punch, as soon as i can afford another pair i am going to buy another pair of cornwalls, just because they are that good, do not buy just on the bragging rights

----------------

What dad said!!

TC