Fisher Tube Console on Ebay. Looks nice maybe cheap, too.

Daddy Dee

you can't see it in the pics but that thing has fini written all over it.

I don't know about the CD player but that link to the previous auction for a similar item goes to an auction by adickson in Colorado Springs. He's the guy I got my $1075 '60 Khorns from. The guy is a Hammond organ freak, has a industrial warehouse unit full of them, stacked three high. I've never seen so many tube organs and tube amps in one place in my life. Field coil drivers laying all over the place, etc. Good guy.

For the record, guys, don't post anything for sale in Long Beach Ca. IT IS JUST TOO TEMPTING!!!!!!

I work in Long Beach and most days I would throw a bid of $155 on that thing and see what happens but this month we bought the projector for the HT, had a $800 repair bill for the cars A/C, had insurance payments for 2 cars come due and I have missed nearly a week of work with a cold and now you throw this in my FACE!

I will resist, MUST resist, will sleep in the shop unless I resist!3.gif

If anyone wants to buy this thing, I will pickup and pack for shipment for you. Just let me know2.gif

Reminds me of a Fisher console I worked on long ago. The lady who owned it said it smelled of burning rubber and had started blowing fuses. I took the back off and discovered the turntable mat on the flip-up Garrard had fallen off and landed on the tube amp beneath it, melting into a landscape Salvador Dali would have appreciated. A little elbow grease, new tubes (and a new mat) and she was back in business. Pretty good sounding console too - a little soft on the top, but not bad.

----------------

On 7/1/2005 8:10:44 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

If anyone wants to buy this thing, I will pickup and pack for shipment for you. Just let me know
2.gif
----------------

I might take you up on that. If I would happen to win it. I'd even let you play with it for a couple of months if you wanted to. It's a nice little collectors peice. Although I don't imagine it would sound all that great with those speakers.

Scott

Check out the tube layout's output tubes.

It appears to show ELL80/6UM8 for output tubes, and indicates that each tube is push-pull left, and push-pull right.

I have no clue about ELL/6UM8, but I'm guessing it's two output tubes in one glass envelope, like a (6DZ7?) which is two 6BQ5's in one bottle the size of a 6L6.

I thought it was a single-ended amp until I noticed that.

The veneer on that thing is cool, it's kind of a novel item IMO....

Yup, ELL80(6HU8) is a double pentode output tube good for 3 watts.

CTP,

To my ears the vintage Fisher sound has more warmth than Scott gear, maybe smoother, too.

I haven't heard this tube before, as Mike has discussed above.

The speakers on a unit like this are built around some compromises, for size and portability. The integrated amplifier, perhaps also.

My expectation would be that it would sound all round quite good, considering those engineering choices.

----------------

On 7/1/2005 9:54:06 AM CaptnBob wrote:

Reminds me of a Fisher console I worked on long ago. The lady who owned it said it smelled of burning rubber and had started blowing fuses...

...a little soft on the top, but not bad.

----------------

The console, or the lady?