advice with a bad seller on ebay needed

heres the deal, on june 1 i bought a collection of albums from a guy just over 200 miles away 350.00 , he cashes money order and says albums were shipped then says they were returned on the 11th of june, then says they were reshipped on the 15th , after questions he says would refund my money if not here by 30th, i have kept all his emails i have money order receipt, delivery confirmation receipt, etc... anyone know how to go about filing criminal charges against this guy. i called the DA in his county and i left a message with a detective awaiting a call back. the seller lives in pa and i am in md. 10.gif Joe

If you sent a money order through the mail, I would be inclined to think that this is mail fraud, sic'em. Call the USPS and see what you can do! Leave negative feedback, explaining the situation on e-bay, hopefully no one else has to go through that.

Barring that, maybe one of our PA buddies can visit him. 6.gif Maybe he will change his mind. Hopefully, it is just a communication problem and not really a deadbeat.

Yeah if you mailed him the money via our good old USPS he is treading on felony mail fraud ground. Call the your nearest Post Master. Next get in touch with E-bay and get his privileges to sell and buy turned off. And continue to contact his local authorities, file a formal complaint. Make this s living hell for him via any and all legal channels.

this was my thoughts also, i already filed a complaint with ebay, he has been suspended (unfortunatly for me it was 2 days after i sent the money order) i emailed him explaining i dont care if it cost me money i am going to press charges, and if he is allowed back on ebay i will definately leave negative feedback outlining the deal, i have been taken for this amount of money once before and failed to follow up, not again i want my cash back or my product NO MORE MR. NICE GUY thanks for the support suggestions 10.gif Joe

I went through the same thing about a year ago. I ended up bugging the daylights out of the Cops where the guy lived. I had to go to my local police dept. and file a complaint. They faxed a report to the cops where the guy lived. I called the investigator about once a week for months and finally went online, found the name of the head of the police review board and left him an email explaining that I had been ripped off $1100 and the cops were giving me the run around. The next day I got a call from the boss of the guy I had been talking to for months. Within two days, they had the guy that ripped me off, in jail and he was allowed one week to get me my stuff or my money. He sent me a money order. The DA declined to press charges. It took over 6 months to be resolved. The item I bought, a Yamaha reciever, and five Klipsch speakers. I guess you could say the guy would rather go to jail than give up his Klipsch. :-)

BTW, I sent my money by a postal money order and sent it via usps mail. The only thing the postal service did for me was to send me a copy of the endorsed money order so I knew who signed it. I sent a copy of it to the cops that worked the case. The postmaster here told me that the postal investigators were covered up with big stuff and didn't have time to work little stuff like mine. I think I was told that there were only about 150 postal investigators in the country and my guess would be that ebay theft alone would generate that many cases an hour. Buyer beware.

I had an experience with an e-bay seller that also involved a USPS money order and a month after I mailed the payment, I got my item. I had pretty much written off the $220 involved and was pleasantly surprised when he sent me the tracking info AND the item arrived undamaged, just as described. However, for the month of excuses he put me through I left neutral feedback with the bare fact that the fulfillment took a month. My moral (YMMV) is never ever again am I going to pay for anything with a USPS MO.

Hey Joe,

I also had something like this happen. In the end the guy was aken into custody, given the either refund or have theft by deception filed.

Several months later from a pay phone i called the gas company, electric company, phone and cable asking that my (his) services be disconnected as i had sold the house and moving. The termination date i requested was the friday before Labor day. NO ELECT ect till Tuesday. Hope the jag off had a freezer full of meat. Petty and not becoming a officer, but sure made me feel a hell of a lot better.

Roy