New in the Box Oak EV Patrician IV's - Wow!

Frzninvt

----------------

On 7/7/2005 12:02:48 PM CaptnBob wrote:

Big mistake on the seller's part. A pair of Pat IVs without the oak "shrouds" went a few years ago for $16,000.

----------------

Whew! That was stupid to end it early.

----------------

On 7/7/2005 10:25:12 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

Below is one of the "ask seller a question" posts. hehehe,

I wonder if Toshio can arrange for local pickup? He is offering $10K to end the auction early.

Q: Hello, I'm great interested in this item. If you might end early, please advise. I will pay US$10,000 for a pair. Sincerely, Toshio/PAL

Jul-06-05

A: Will send Email
----------------

Stupid to post the question like that. That's against Ebay's Rules and Regulations I believe to end early. I doubt they have a way to catch something like that, but normal Ebay fee on $10K would be $400 to $500 I think. I'm not shedding any tears for ebay mind you.

Well, I butchered the quote a bit! Thanks, DizRotus!

Best in horns,

triceratops

From the above mentioned SpeakerLab thread:

Our conversation included a discussion about why Klipsch stopped licensing its designs to EV and why Klipsch did not make kits. Both options prevented Klipsch from controlling the quality of the end product. PWK stated that he didn't want his name associated, in any way, with products that were inferior. Is he spinning in his grave now?

The short conversation bounced from the above topic to the merits of Jack Daniel and back to EV with lightning quickness. In mid syllable of a discussion of malt whiskey, PWK asked, "Do you know what a patrician is?" Before I could respond that its an EV speaker he said, "A patrician is someone who steps out of the shower to take a leak."