RF-7, RC-7 out of production this fall?

Nicu

I highly doubt it. Though Klipsch is coming out with the Premiere series, it's going to be aimed at a different group of people willing to spend a lot more money. As long as the reference keeps making money I would expect them to continue selling them.

hmmm, 'Premiere series'?

with any luck I might be able to find a few nice upgrades on ebay when the deep pocket gang decides it's time to unload their lowily RF-7 & RC-7's for what will probably be the big 'must haves' of the audio as bling world, lol

----------------

On 7/18/2005 4:44:07 PM Freak Nasty wrote:

How much more are the premiere going to be?? Have a price been decided yet? If yes how much exactly?

----------------

The Premier line at this stage is a rumor, that SHOULD come into fruition, and the only people who know are not talking--Since that's the case, no price has been set.

I have no connection to Klipsch except for my participation on this board, so this is only my opinion.2.gif

Maybe an RF-7IID. "D" = deang's crossover mod.

I had seen a prototype of the PREMIER at CES (or was it CEDIA?) in 2004.

At that time the MSRP target was $5-6K for the mains and the center channel (not on display) $2-3K.

The target was the B&W 700 and 800 series and Paradigm Studio Reference series. The Klipsch rep claimed these are his main competitors at this price point.

Regards,

Mike

I would assume the higher priced Paradigm.

I hope this is not a shot in the foot for Klipsch since this is the first I can recall them getting into a "mid tier" pricing model. There are several $5K - $10K speakers out there...

I know Belle's, Klipschorns and LaScala are sold at higher prices but not like Dynaudio, Dali, Aerial, Wilson, JMFocal, Joseph Audio, Martin Logan etc.

As for me, I can't wait!

Regards,

Mike