Suggestions for 5 channel Amp

mustang6

I am looking at getting a new 5 channel amp to go with my Newcastle R-956 which I will use as the front end.

I am looking for an amp with about 165wpc - 200wpc. My front speakers are a pair of Forte IIs with KLF-C7.

I am looking for a very smooth sounding amp which can deliver the power. I am also looking for the "Best Bang for the Buck" product. Any Suggestions or experience with different products. I am considering Outlaw 750, ATI 1505, Adcom, Ada, etc.

Need Help -- Thanks is Advance

Mustang6

I use a Marantz MM9000 rated at 150 wpc. It is THX Ultra certified and I consider it a very smoth amp.

It will blow me out of a room that is aprox 400 sq ft.

Others on this BB also use Marantz recievers and are

satisfied with their mating to Klipsch speakers.

Cost from dealer is about $1100 but I bought mine off the internet for $800 new.

aab3rd

Mustang6,

This may be a tough choice for you, as they're as several good choices to use with your efficient Klipsch speakers. There are many posts here regarding good results with Marantz, ATI, Adcom and Acurus Amps, as well as many others. Recently several users have posted that they've received great prices on Acurus multi-channel amps from Ubid.com.

I use the Outlaw 750 5-channel amp (165Wx5) and I'm very pleased. It's well built, large toroidal transformer, it's very cool running, produces a smooth natural sound with no harshness and produces tight bass. It's being fed via the pre-outs from my NAD T760 5.1 receiver. My Outlaw powers 2 pair Cornwalls front and rear.

Lots of great choices, which makes it an even tougher decision.cwm10.gif The best to ya...Wes

I haven't tried my Acurus 200x3 with my Forte's yet, but it sounds teeerific with the Chorus. And I think the 200x5 is the best buy you can find out there due to model discontinuance. Check it out on Ubid.

Also, here are some comments about the Acurus/Klipsch combo: http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002362.html

DD2

------------------

Denon AVR-3300

Acurus A200x3

NAD 7155 Receiver

Pioneer PD-F19 CD Changer

Sony CDP-C8ESD CD Changer

Denon 3000 DVD

Toshiba M784 VCR

B&O Beogram 1800 TT

Chorus

KV-3 Center