FS more gear

Daddy Dee

Baby girl goes to college this fall and guess who is providing the scholarship? You bet.

Sorry no pics on this gear.

Wright WPA 3.5 (pair) 2A3 SET monoblocks. Less than two years old. Excellent condition. $875 delivered with stock tubes. The monoblocks are stock, except for one mod, which does not affect the sonics. The blue cap on top of the chassis was replaced by a larger black cap of the same value on both. These are sweet babies. Low hours on tubes, too.

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp Control Center w/remote and original box. $700 delivered.

--this is a nice preamp powered by three 6922 tubes. I've put Mullards in, but will also include the original Sovteks. Excellent condition cosmetically and sonically. Also has bass and treble contour controls, which can be very nice. This is the linestage version.

Transcendent Sound SE OTL - expertly built at a mighty 1.5 wpc or bridged to 4wpc. $750 delivered. This is the kit price and a very good deal. I have two of these and both may be available.

Teac A-L700P 30wpc tripath digital three channel - NIB never opened. $100 delivered

Like all my gear, it's been babied and never run hard.

moreO later.

e-mail or pm with questions. Sale to first solid offer.

MO or PayPal fine. PayPal add 3% fr surcharge.

I am interested in the Sunfire preamp. I heard there are different versions. Can you please tell me what is the year it was made, and does it come with a remote? Also, it has balanced outs, is that correct?

I am pretty sure you replaced the Sunfire with a Blueberry or a Peach. Can you comment on the difference?

----------------

On 7/21/2005 4:06:50 PM meuge wrote:

I am interested in the Sunfire preamp. I heard there are different versions. Can you please tell me what is the year it was made, and does it come with a remote? Also, it has balanced outs, is that correct?

I am pretty sure you replaced the Sunfire with a Blueberry or a Peach. Can you comment on the difference?

----------------

On the Sunfire preamp, they are available as a linestage or with optional phono stage. This is a line stage model. I'm not sure of the age, but could give you the serial number, if you'd like to check it out with Sunfire.

It does have a remote which controls for on/off and volume. It does have balanced outs as well as unbalanced RCA outs. It does have two pairs of main outs, which is nice. Also has a subwoofer out.

I listened to the sunfire for about a year before replacing it with the Peach. I liked the Peach enough that I was willing to part with the convenience of remote and tone contour controls, which I'd enjoyed.

I used the Sunfire to drive 2A3 SET monoblocks, and for a couple of short seasons a Dynaco ST-70 and a Cary Rocket 88. It did nicely and at the time, I thought it would be the last preamp I'd ever buy. I did, however, change my mind when I heard a friend's BlueBerry, he'd kindly loaned me for an audition. I don't do vinyl, so the Peach was my preference.

Guy, Thanks. That is indeed a good deal on the Sunfire. In this condition, they usually go for a grand or better on Audiogon.

Kev, Thanks. Yep, they do move pretty quick on Audiogon... I wanted to offer them here before going out to Audiogon.

Muege-man,

Now all you need are those RF-7's!!!! I think you'll dig the Sunfire; that's a great price too. The only downside to mine was the phono board tubes had been glued in and it was a pain installing my RCA's. I picked up some Phillips NOS 6922's and they are sounding nice. I'd say your getting a really good deal since I got mine for 1000$ with phono & inverse cd board.

enjoy!

Dr. C

----------------

On 7/22/2005 10:09:18 AM doctorcilantro wrote:

Meuge-man,

Now all you need are those RF-7's!!!! I think you'll dig the Sunfire; that's a great price too. The only downside to mine was the phono board tubes had been glued in and it was a pain installing my RCA's. I picked up some Phillips NOS 6922's and they are sounding nice. I'd say your getting a really good deal since I got mine for 1000$ with phono & inverse cd board.

enjoy!

Dr. C

----------------

Yah - I really do need those. I figure the RF-3s will last me another 6 months, at which point I'll break down and get a pair of 7s. I'll probably try to get one of those 12-months-no-interest deals so that I'd have a year to pay them off, cause $1600 is a mighty chunk of change, especially since it'll be $1700 w. taxes.