Need Suggestions

taylor99ss

Jeez!!! I log on here to see if the original poster had let on where he got the RF-7's for $1200 and I find a flame war.6.gif We all have our opinions. I heard a 5.1 Cornwall system this weekend that sounded GREAT! I wouldn't trade my Reference system for it.

Insofar as wstrickland1's comment about the Heresys eating the RF-7's for lunch--Interesting. 11.gif I also have a legend system with 20's as mains and I am looking for a pair of KLF 30's to put in that room and move the 20's to side surrounds. If I find a pair of Heresys would you be willing to trade for your KLF 30's? 12.gif

Yep, it's strange but no matter what speaker forums am on, there is always some Heritage Bonehead that tries to say how much his kick a** over the RF-7 or somethin alongs that line.

I was told by lots of forum members that you cants say how good a Reference speaker is to a Heritage user or they go loopy, seems to be true.

Hi tkdamerica, Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't give up my RF-7's. 1.gif

I use to own a set of Cornwalls and La Scalas before, so I'm very familiar

with those two models, yet I would not be without a set of RF-7's. 2.gif

The picture was taken during the time I was testing every thing during the first

30 days for the equipment and speakers, now I have them setup properly without

the grey foams on the bottoms! I've had this setup for about 1½ years.

Thanks! 1.gif

----------------

On 8/3/2005 9:27:30 PM mrxnewb626 wrote:

if your going to paint it over, i suggest not to. Just leave as it is.

----------------

Now, THAT'S Funny9.gif You didn't change your screen name from taylor99ss

did you? I am still trying to find out where he got such a sweet deal.

BTW: Kevin VERY Nice set-up.

----------------

On 8/3/2005 7:58:05 PM tkdamerica wrote:

Jeez!!! I log on here to see if the original poster had let on where he got the RF-7's for $1200 and I find a flame war.
6.gif
We all have our opinions. I heard a 5.1 Cornwall system this weekend that sounded GREAT! I wouldn't trade my Reference system for it.

Insofar as wstrickland1's comment about the Heresys eating the RF-7's for lunch--Interesting.
11.gif
I also have a legend system with 20's as mains and I am looking for a pair of KLF 30's to put in that room and move the 20's to side surrounds. If I find a pair of Heresys would you be willing to trade for your KLF 30's?
12.gif

----------------

I said the Heresys ate the RF 7s for lunch, not my KLF 30s

Billy

----------------

On 8/3/2005 7:58:05 PM tkdamerica wrote:

Jeez!!! I log on here to see if the original poster had let on where he got the RF-7's for $1200 and I find a flame war.
6.gif
We all have our opinions. I heard a 5.1 Cornwall system this weekend that sounded GREAT! I wouldn't trade my Reference system for it.

Insofar as wstrickland1's comment about the Heresys eating the RF-7's for lunch--Interesting.
11.gif
I also have a legend system with 20's as mains and I am looking for a pair of KLF 30's to put in that room and move the 20's to side surrounds. If I find a pair of Heresys would you be willing to trade for your KLF 30's?
12.gif

----------------

Billy

----------------

On 8/3/2005 9:34:51 PM wstrickland1 wrote:

Billy

----------------

FWIW--It's always good to put IMO, before a comment like that. It's not that I'm thin skinned but others don't take it so well. The Legend series are nice speakers as well. I was hoping you would trade them for a pair of Heresy's, but you are right in not accepting, IMHO 2.gif

Wow , Have I gotten under klipsdude's skin or what . To be honest I did audition the rf7's many years ago . They sure are purty . Anyway I did like them , their lower end seemed much better than my Hereseys . But I found that the Hereseys were superior to the rf's in imaging . Most probably due to the fact that my signal source at home was way better than what the rf's were hooked up to . I also didn't feel that their build quality was up to snuff for the price . What kind of shape will they most likely be in say 30 years down the road . Especialy klipsdudes who seems to be sleeping with his . And klipsdude , I sound like your sisters three year old ? He must be a pretty articulate little fellow . A future Heritage owner for sure !!! 10.gif

----------------

On 8/3/2005 11:45:15 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

Wow , Have I gotten under klipsdude's skin or what . To be honest I did audition the rf7's many years ago . They sure are purty . Anyway I did like them , their lower end seemed much better than my Hereseys . But I found that the Hereseys were superior to the rf's in imaging . Most probably due to the fact that my signal source at home was way better than what the rf's were hooked up to . I also didn't feel that their build quality was up to snuff for the price . What kind of shape will they most likely be in say 30 years down the road . Especialy klipsdudes who seems to be sleeping with his . And klipsdude , I sound like your sisters three year old ? He must be a pretty articulate little fellow . A future Heritage owner for sure !!!
10.gif

----------------

It is the imaging/soundstage that I found to be much better with the Heresy's. They were hooked up to identical sources. I must have asked Frawley 5 times, "man are you SURE you don't have 2 other speakers running on the sides. Now I will say this, he did not crank either one up to reference level, so it is very possible that the RF 7s will outmuscle the Heresys, but who here is operating a movie theater? My set up will push your body to its limit but I never ever use all that power. I think maybe those who must have the biggest, baddest, most powerfullest(lol) speakers available may be phallically challenged and may be trying to compensate. For those who are, maybe some of that speaker money can be funneled to a male enhancement fund. I hear they can do wonders with that sort of thing these days.

----------------

On 8/4/2005 6:49:20 AM wstrickland1 wrote:

It is the imaging/soundstage that I found to be much better with the Heresy's. They were hooked up to identical sources. I must have asked Frawley 5 times, "man are you SURE you don't have 2 other speakers running on the sides. Now I will say this, he did not crank either one up to reference level, so it is very possible that the RF 7s will outmuscle the Heresys, but who here is operating a movie theater? My set up will push your body to its limit but I never ever use all that power. I think maybe those who must have the biggest, baddest, most powerfullest(lol) speakers available may be phallically challenged and may be trying to compensate. For those who are, maybe some of that speaker money can be funneled to a male enhancement fund. I hear they can do wonders with that sort of thing these days.

----------------

oops, sorry, I meant to begin that statement with IMO, FTIW, SOS, LOL, LMFAO, EIEIO,:::::,:::::: or :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

again, congrates on the awesome RF-7 deal . . . my preferance would be for black as well but I suggest you leave them with the beautiful (IMO) cherry finish.

btw, WTF, over? how did this turn into a heritage vs Ref thread? I recommend Bullfrog SPF-30 be applied in generous quanities asap

Hi Taylor...Welcome to the Klipsch Forum,

I paid $2000.00 for my Cherry RF7's not long ago so you got a great deal.

If you are wanting to change the color to black I would sand the semi-gloss finish off them and try staining them Ebony then topcoat with another semi-gloss.

If it is not the black you are looking for then sand-primer-paint and finish with semi-gloss.

Feel free to post any other questions....2.gif

----------------

On 8/1/2005 1:12:57 PM Olorin wrote:

Now Willy, you otter know by now that some folks like the old stuff and some folks like the new stuff, and none of it sucks. I have no doubt that the La Scalas sound fantastic, but I've heard some speakers that aren't La Scalas sound pretty fantastic too.

So be nice, or I shall empty my nose at you from a great height!

----------------

I agree entirely with Mssr. Olorin. Klipsch has something for every taste and budget. Can't we all just get along?

Or I shall wave my private parts at your aunties! Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time, you silly English Kn-ig-hts.

Michael