BIT@HIN' / ROCKIN' / SCREAMIN' 80's Guitar

vandec54

I am in the mood to crank my Klipsch to some 80's guitar music. Please offer your suggestions. The only requirements is that the selection has to be from the 80's, contain a jammin' guitar rif and it has to ROCK (I have a soft spot for screaming guitars).

I'll start out with a personal favorite, it doesn't scream like I would like it to, but it has a great rif and it ROCKS:

Van Halen, "Cabo Wabo"

Artist: Jethro Tull

Title: Crest Of A Knave (1987/2005)

Genre: Rock

Label: Capitol/EMI

Crest Of A Knave was originally released in 1987 but was just re-mastered this year.

The song "Steel Monkey" has a great guitar and hey.... It is Jethro Tull no less...

Greg

Metallica -the whole CD "Master of Puppets" -- perfect in-your-face riffs and blazing solos

Motorhead - "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith" - live and loud with Lemmie's raspy voice

Any David Lee Roth led Van Halen - "Fair Warning" had no hits but its the best

Stevie Ray Vaughan -- "Little Wing" -- all rip roaring solo guitar

Pat Metheny -- "Are You Going with Me?" from the Travels CD -- as loud as a jazz guitar can get, and still gives me chills after hearing it several hundred times--

Megadeth - Peace Sells but Who's Buying, subsequent albums.

Budgie - Night Flight & Impeckable

Accept - Balls to the Walls

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

Kix - Blow my Fuse

Cinderella - Cinderella

Ratt - Out of the Cellar

Legs Diamond - A Diamond is a Hard Rock

Judas Priest - Stained Class, British Steel and Point of Entry

Angel City - Dark Room & Night Attack

Angel - Don't recall the album

Metallica - Creeping Death & Ride the Lightning

Cheap Trick - Live at Budokan & Dream Police

Ozzy - Diary of a Madman

Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

Golden Earring - Moontan

I could come up with a bunch more if I was near my CD collection!

Bump-

Celtic Frost-Morbid Tales

Slayer- South of Heaven

Takes me back to my '84 Z28 with 2 12" M&M woffers in the hole and about 1000 watts of Alpine, I loved pumping out the metal at stop lights next to old people. 2.gif My car hit so hard it would pound the car next to me too.

I guess times change but people don't. Now I can shake my house hard enough for my neighbor to feel it. 10.gif

BTW-Budgie Rocks!

A lot of good suggestions so far, here's a few more 80s lps that sound really good on my Klipsch.

Iron Maiden: Killers, The Number Of The Beast

Frank Marino: The Power Of Rock And Roll, Juggernaut

Black Sabbath: Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules

Dio: The Last In Line

Accept: Russian Roulette

Accept- Metal Heart (was my favorite by them)

Metal Church- Watch the Children Play

Merciful Fate- Don't Break the Oath

Venom- Black Christmas

Krokus- Headhunter

Fastway- Fastway

King Cobra- ?

I havn't thought about these bands in years, but used to listen to them all. Suddenly, I feel like killin some babies!!! JK9.gif

Alot of death and gloom metal heads, huh?

Have you heard "Probot", with Dave Grohl? the same of Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Nirvana fame---

He had different vocalists from many of the bands mentioned in this thread singing each song--

Mercyful Fate, Venom, Sepultura, Celtic Frost, Motorhead, etc., etc., while he played everything else. Kim Thayil plays some great guitar too--

Very good pounding stuff -- alot harder than Foo Fighters-- but melodic. Just came out a couple years ago--

----------------

On 8/5/2005 9:43:03 AM theryugobuddy wrote:

Alot of death and gloom metal heads, huh?

Have you heard "Probot", with Dave Grohl? the same of Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Nirvana fame---

He had different vocalists from many of the bands mentioned in this thread singing each song--

Mercyful Fate, Venom, Sepultura, Celtic Frost, Motorhead, etc., etc., while he played everything else. Kim Thayil plays some great guitar too--

Very good pounding stuff -- alot harder than Foo Fighters-- but melodic. Just came out a couple years ago--

----------------

Yep, I have that one, but haven't seen it in a while. It could have "grown legs" During the early to mid eighties, Metal was going through a major change and bands went to a harder twin lead guitar format and "devil" music was in. I have never been one to care about lyrics, so they could be singing about skinning people alive and as long as the guitars rocked, I liked it.

I'm a little more mellow as I get older, but still pop in the occasional Slayer CD in traffic and bang my head.11.gif11.gif