allan songer or any one that knows alot about albums?

joessportster

hello allan

gary speaks highly of your knowledge when it comes to albums, i am wondering if you know anything about test pressings. i bought some albums and included in the lot was what appears to be a beatles abbey road test pressing, the song list is differant than the released version, the songs are somewhat crude deffinately not a finished version of an album, inbetween 2 of the songs there is an announcement that states (8 track to 8 track, something take 37), the label is blank white, the cover is pictured i am trying to get an idea of authinticity and value

final pic, and some more info

the album cover has this on the spine

the beatles No. 3 abbey road nw8 ar8-69

the album itself is stamped

ar8-69-a on side one and ar8-69 b on side 2

the tracks on the album are

side 1

golden slumbers

carry that weight

her majesty

you never give me your money

octopus's garden

maxwells silver hammer

oh! darling

something

side 2

how do you do

blackbird

the unicorn

lalena

heather

mr wind

the walrus and the carpenter

land of gisch

the only other writing or marks are a drawing of a head facing left with a white dot inside the outline, and some thanks to george martin, geoff emerik, and phillip mcdonald,

photograph by linda eastman

and there are a couple credits of who wrote songs and who appears courtesy of etc...

any ideas or help appreciated 10.gif Joe

Shucks!

You know, there's this record store here in CA that I have NEVER had a good relationship with even though I do shop there regularly--they are real gougers and they don't put prices on the rare stuff--you have to ask--you know the drill. Now they sell all the "good" stuff on ebay only. Anyway, a few of years ago I had a buddy of mine go in there with a milk crate full of some of my most "valuable" LPs and ask what they would pay for them. He told the tale that they were his uncle's records and that his aunt asked him to try to sell them. In the crate were about 15 Blue Notes worth an average of $400 ea at the time plus some other really rare stuff. They offered him $10 per record. He told them "no, thanks." Widow rapers is what most of us call these guys.

----------------

On 8/18/2005 10:28:16 AM Allan Songer wrote:

Shucks!

You know, there's this record store here in CA that I have NEVER had a good relationship with even though I do shop there regularly--they are real gougers and they don't put prices on the rare stuff--you have to ask--you know the drill. Now they sell all the "good" stuff on ebay only. Anyway, a few of years ago I had a buddy of mine go in there with a milk crate full of some of my most "valuable" LPs and ask what they would pay for them. He told the tale that they were his uncle's records and that his aunt asked him to try to sell them. In the crate were about 15 Blue Notes worth an average of $400 ea at the time plus some other really rare stuff. They offered him $10 per record. He told them "no, thanks." Widow rapers is what most of us call these guys.

----------------

LMAO. I've always wanted to do something like that. 20/20 hidden camera reveals.............

I'll bet those guys hearts were pounding when they saw the contents of the crate, only to be shot down. Serves them right.

Same goes for baseball cards and other sport's memorabilia. "I'll give you $15 for your late husband's NM Mickey Mantle rookie card. See how the color of the stripes on his jersey have faded over the years from abuse? After auction fees, we'll barely break even!" Ba$tards. 7.gif

Ouch!

It was an 8b and it was an estate sale being run by professionals who do this for a business and have access to all the books, ebay etc. and about 30 years in the estate sale business. Far cry from ripping of a widow.

Bring 'em on!

----------------

On 8/18/2005 7:01:17 PM thebes wrote:

Ouch!

It was an 8b and it was an estate sale being run by professionals who do this for a business and have access to all the books, ebay etc. and about 30 years in the estate sale business. Far cry from ripping of a widow.

Bring 'em on!

----------------

What are you talking about? I admit to not reading the forum on a regular basis. Is something too close to home?

Chris

----------------

On 8/18/2005 7:01:17 PM thebes wrote:

Ouch!

Bring 'em on!----------------

I don't know that I would say "Far cry" 2.gif

"YEAH FOR ME!!!!!!!!

.... I ask the lady if I can can have just this piece because it's not part of the console so she says those magical words $50 bucks. Have no idea what I'm buying but, it's got tubes so I scoop it up and am out the door before somebody in the joint notices. "

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=59790&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={1D069456-0723-4F4E-AB77-FED9EEEC96D3}}}}

----------------

On 8/18/2005 7:11:23 PM thebes wrote:

My tubes are bigger than yours!

----------------

hey thebes old buddy lets get out the rulers, my horns are bigger than yours. i know because i use to have yours HE HE HE HEE!!!!!!!9.gif Joe

and after another look at the post when you scored that 8b you were a little braggy about how you scored the amp11.gif any true tube fan would have told the lady what it really was and paid going rate!!!!(right?)9.gif