Dodge Charger Mashup

WS65711

If you haven't seen or heard the new Dodge Charger commercials with the catchy Chris Classic mashup,

you can see one of the commercials here: http://www.jsmmusic.com/work.html

(Click on the thumbnail in the lower left corner of the group of thumbnails)

You can go here: http://www.unleashyourfreak.com and select "Meet Style Freak" to hear the whole song.

Now -

Does anyone know how to capture the streaming audio to a wave file (short of patching analog into a 2nd computer)?

Dave

Streaming audio usually cannot be captured without a 3rd party utility.

I have used "Virtual Audio Cable" to go from one application to another or try out "Total Recorder". If have an older version of VAC that I have used, and it owrks with no noise insertion as the newer version demo and the demo version of TR.

Bruce

Yeah, it's amazing what can be done these days using After Effects and a fog machine.

No doubt, the car has a powerful motor, but the line's heritage speaks loudly to its 2-door tradition.

A Charger is a Coupe, not a Sedan in my book. -Just a personal preference.

I took one out a couple of weeks ago. Steering is sloppy and the car is slow.

I felt like I could take a nap while waiting for it to hit the red line before I had to shift. For some reason the Hemi 300C was more fun to drive.

Try the new GTO. I had to make my shifts quick to keep the needle out of the red line. Great control, and you can do a lot of the steering with the rear wheels.

----------------

On 8/23/2005 10:03:57 AM picky wrote:

Yeah, it's amazing what can be done these days using After Effects and a fog machine.

No doubt, the car has a powerful motor, but the line's heritage speaks loudly to its 2-door tradition.

A Charger is a Coupe, not a Sedan in my book. -Just a personal preference.
----------------

Remember the last 2 door version , the Dodge Charger Omni from the 80's ? Ugh . I didn't like the new one at first but their starting to grow on me .

----------------

On 8/23/2005 10:15:43 AM Q-Man wrote:

I felt like I could take a nap while waiting for it to hit the red line before I had to shift. For some reason the Hemi 300C was more fun to drive.

Try the new GTO. I had to make my shifts quick to keep the needle out of the red line. Great control, and you can do a lot of the steering with the rear wheels.
----------------

I assume your talking about driving on a track and not on public roads .

----------------

On 8/23/2005 10:15:43 AM Q-Man wrote:

----------------

You didn't drive this one--it's the SRT-8 with the 430 HP 6.1 Liter Hemi and won't go into production until November. It has quicker steering, big Brembo brakes, 20" wheels, a different computer with much firmer shifts, and a 3:05 rear end as opposed to the 2:82 in the standard hemi R/T Charger. I think this one will be a beast--certainly the most bang for the buck anywhere with a $37,000 MSRP. Rumour has it that the SRT-8 Charger will turn low 13s right off the showroom floor and have 0-60 times at just under 5 seconds.

The Charger looks better than the new GTO, which looks like a big Accord to me. But as noted, it doesn't look like a Charger at all. It should be law that you cannot use a classic nameplate to hawk a new car design. Chargers DID handle sloppy, but they were definately fast, especially the Hemi's which would crush the new "hemi" mercilessly. Do they offer the Hemi Orange or the Puke Green color options? :)

Hopefully my 70 Trans Am will be done before summer ends. I think I can get the Ram Air III to put out 400hp and 500 ft/lb within my budget. Show these poseurs what a real muscle car is. (lots of power, am mono radio, 2/55 air conditioning and an interior noise level of 110db). :) Then onto restoring the body and interior, which is my DIY project.

These new cars like the GTO and Charger are very, very nice and a refreshing change, but come up with a new name. They share very little with their namesakes. At least the new 300 is similar to the original. A big family/luxury car with some punch.

• Like 1

My two observations of the charger are - Chrysler vehicles don't hold there resale value-unless you trade in at a Chrysler dealer. Plus I think

the rear door shape- is almost like the Ford Tarus -1996 till now), version that everyone beat up on.............brings a whole new meaning to

what comes around, goes around.................jm2c...........