A picture of me in college (Miami of Ohio)

Coytee

This is a pic inside my dorm room in college. You realize how large dorm rooms are.

We had a bunk bed, 2 dressers, 2 desks and the other wall was this.

I always had a kick out of "Animal", so someone got this for me. My room mate & hall mates went on to make fun of me suggesting that this is what I always looked like instead of studying.

Not so bad for a dorm room eh? You can't see my other speakers in there (my EV's)

This would have been taken about 1981 I guess.

post-15072-13819269366138_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I can't believe you had all that packed into those tiny dorm rooms!! Both my parents and my brother went there, and I've visited the dorms many a time 1.gif Lovely town, by the way. Especially in the fall...

----------------

On 8/24/2005 9:14:49 AM Amy Unger wrote:

I can't believe you had all that packed into those tiny dorm rooms!! Both my parents and my brother went there, and I've visited the dorms many a time
1.gif
Lovely town, by the way. Especially in the fall...

----------------

Where there's a will...there's a way. Simple as that 9.gif You are right, Oxford is a very nice town. I tended to like it more in the spring/summer when the shorts/skirts came out rather than the big coats 12.gif12.gif

Note the cassette tape in the mouth. As for being short...well... if guilty is as guilty does...

I've made some changes (additions) to it this year (within 10 months)

1. Added Khorns

2. Added Wrights 2A3's

3. Added Peach

4. Added dbx 5bx

5. Added dbx 10/14 RTA/EQ

6. Added dbx 120 sub harmonic synth (sitting in box)

7. Added dbx 400 route selector (also sitting in box)

6. Added Jolida 502-B

7. Added some SE-OTL's 11.gif

8. Added SACD player

9. Added Al's ES networks to the Khorns

All currently paid for except for the crappy SE-OTL's which will be paid off in about 30 days after I get my bill. (I'm starting a rumor that the dude that sold them to me was kind of suspicious looking, but like Connie Chung said... "That's just between the two of us")

9.gif2.gif

1981 I was in Dodds Hall in South Quad. My RA had these humongous Boston Acoustic speakers in one of those little rooms. I was a Freshman in 1981, looks like you would have been a couple years ahead of me. I spent more time "uptown" drinking buckets of beer(3.2) than listening to music back then.

I think the strongest hash I ever did was while touring with a group that played there. Around '71 if I remember correctly, but given my mental state then maybe not. Went to the bakery in the middle of the night to purchase some snacks.

We stayed in a state park somewhere close by. It was autumn and it was beautiful there.

Boy, am I glad that lifestyle is behind me.

----------------

On 8/24/2005 9:12:25 PM scott0527 wrote:

1981 I was in Dodds Hall in South Quad. My RA had these humongous Boston Acoustic speakers in one of those little rooms. I was a Freshman in 1981, looks like you would have been a couple years ahead of me. I spent more time "uptown" drinking buckets of beer(3.2) than listening to music back then.

----------------

This was over on Western Campus. (forget name of dorm lol, clawson hall?) We all sort of felt like outcasts there but after being there for the year, don't know if any of us would have changed our situation.

----------------

On 8/25/2005 5:48:06 AM Coytee wrote:

----------------

On 8/24/2005 9:12:25 PM scott0527 wrote:

----------------

This was over on Western Campus. (forget name of dorm lol, clawson hall?) We all sort of felt like outcasts there but after being there for the year, don't know if any of us would have changed our situation.

----------------

Yep. that was so beautiful over there in a different way than the rest of the campus. I seem to remeber there being a bit more of an arty crowd over there. I'd probably like that more now, than I did then. I was too much the dumbass party hearty frat boy.

How about Marvel being all hashed up hanging out at Hueston Woods in '71? What a hoot. I sort of recall somebody feeding me some shrooms out there once.