Cornwalls for sale on AudiogoN (Asheville, NC)

Mike Lindsey

Wow! Here's another pair that's only 15 minutes from where I live. Plus they're oiled oak which would be a perfect match for my room...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1278542400

I'm gonna take a look at these and if interested, and lucky enough to get them, will store them in the garage until I can find a place for them. You can never have too many Klipsch speakers... Smile.gif

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! The eBay ones just went for $1226.00! These were just 15 minutes from my home and I was hoping I could steal them for $500-$600. No such luck. Smile.gif

Chris Robinson's (Forum member) are still out on eBay and are currently at $605. These look every bit as good as the Oak Cornwalls (Chris' are Walnut Oil) at half the price. There is still one day left on Chris' and if you live in the Northeast, you will get free delivery. Here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1280074875

Mike

I hear you with that $5-600 price range. I wrote the guy in Orlando and he seemed like a decent chap. I got lucky with my Cornwall II's oiled oak. A fellow posted them here on the BB from Safety Harbor, perfect condition, and I picked them up for $400. I did see some sell in recent history on e-bay for around $600, so I thought I was getting a good deal. If they are going for over $1K, I must have gotten a great deal. Sure doesn't help the guilt factor thou. Well, at least they got a good, smoke free home.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Flason:

I hear you with that $5-600 price range. I wrote the guy in Orlando and he seemed like a decent chap. I got lucky with my Cornwall II's oiled oak. A fellow posted them here on the BB from Safety Harbor, perfect condition, and I picked them up for $400. I did see some sell in recent history on e-bay for around $600, so I thought I was getting a good deal. If they are going for over $1K, I must have gotten a great deal. Sure doesn't help the guilt factor thou. Well, at least they got a good, smoke free home.

You do realize that Cornwall's were going for around $1400/pr back in the 1980's brand new. $400 for a pair is a steal! I would NEVER consider selling mine for that low. In fact, I think that selling them for $1200 would be too little! cwm1.gif

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Nakamichi 482 Cassette Deck; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD