Dudes doin' 2 Channel (or is it HT?)

Audio Flynn

The ladies have departed west on a ladies mission; so the Flynn dudes

have the house for the wekend. 10 year old Aaron is a bit of a harpy on

Dad needing to play a video game every now and then.

We got PS2 Hot Shots golf on the 55 Sony. Dish Sirius "old vinyl"

station on the satellite in the optical input of the Sherwood

Newcastle HT PRE (1999 vintage 20 bit DACs).

It is a heretical 2.1 configuration that certainly is not purist (

would most likely make the Parrot cringe); but you wany to put the

hammer down for Smoke on the Water.

How many of the song names can you match with the band?

If you do not know 90% of these songs consider adjusting you playlist away from Mettalica or Barry Manillow.

"In my Life"

Midnight Rambler

Marakesh Express

It's only R&R

China Grove

Space Oddity Major Tom

Feel like makin' Love

Behind Blue Eyes

American Woman

Volunteers of America

Layla

Benie and the jets

On the thin ice of a new day

TIme is on my side

Hello I love you

While my guitar gently weeps

Black Dog

Sea of Joy

Black Majic Woman

It about as decadent as I get at 45 years old

A more than nice departure from living out of a suitcase and working 60 hours in 5 days hour business rat race.

How many of the song names can you match with the band?

If you do not know 90% of these songs consider adjusting you playlist away from Mettalica or Barry Manillow.

"In my Life"

Midnight Rambler - stones

Marakesh Express - csn

It's only R&R - stones

China Grove - doobies

Space Oddity Major Tom - Bowie

Feel like makin' Love - Bad company?

Behind Blue Eyes - who

American Woman -guess who

Volunteers of America - airplane

Layla - clapton

Benie and the jets - elton john

On the thin ice of a new day

TIme is on my side

Hello I love you - doors

While my guitar gently weeps - harrison

Black Dog - zeppelin

Sea of Joy - Blind Faith

Black Majic Woman - santana at a ridculously young age....

That's what I remember without peeking. Blind Faith really sticks out for me...the album was an 8th grade graduation gift and I still listent too it way too much. Everything runnig thru leslies is great...Metallic isn't on my play list, but sometimes the pumpkins are when I want to feel young...

I failed miserably...[:(]

Just because I work at a Guitar Center doesn't mean I know jack-squat about matching rock'n'roll bands to their music (and I'm 42 and should know better which band/songwriter created the music that I grew up with...sheesh)![:o]

Opps, I forgot about Clapton's derek days...for good or bad, I lost track of him after Blind Faith and suspect someone else here knows he's blues history better then I. I didn't pay him much attention until his George Harrison memorial and saw his bounderies being stretched again by that material again, especially the Indian orchestra. Now he's back with Cream for a few shows...I can't wait to hear whatever material is released! Baker is such a hot drummer and Bruce is so post-modern cool and the two's jazz groove always seemed to push Clapton out of his comfort zone to new levels. Dream would be have Stevie Winwood join them on guitar/keyboard and vocals and watch them achieve nirvana...hopefully the Cream re-union material won't be destroyed by overprocessing!

Speaking of dreams, did anyone catch the Floyd re-union? I'd lost track of them after "wish you were here" and forgotten how good Gilmour is. I also initially poo-pooed that event until a friend sent me a DVD of their set...made me tear abit and I decide if they could put their differences aside as the ultimate metaphor of golf playing coorporate rock business men with Oracle sized egos at war, then the rest of the developed world might be able to grow-up, get along and help those needing help without engaging in colonialism.

I guess this really makes me really old enough to pre-metallica as well. I saw a bit of their therapy movie channel surfing and was a bit appalled. I think whoever the member was that chatters non-stop would make me pretty crazy over the long-haul. My partner called out from the kitchen and voiced the same thought and he wasn't even watching or paying attention to the storyline...wow!

Flynn---As I recall the band was Atlantic's Miami studio band. When Atlantic's Jerry Wexler decided to stop farming out recording to the Memphis and Muscle Shoals studios he took some Muscle Shoals players down to Miami and opened a studio there. Allman was one of the fellas.

As recall the fella who ran Fame in Muscle Shoals was very tight-fisted with his musicians and lost several entire studio bands to raids from Nashville and other studios. One band bolted, opened their own studio, Muscle Shoals Sound, and did very well.

I'm going from memory here, I have a book "Sweet Soul Music" with all the facts but can't find it, that drives me nuts.

I got em all too Flynn..my age is showing..but all great music. I always get a charge out of "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" on Derek and the Dominos album..it was about Clapton chasing his best friend's wife (Patti, wife of George Harrison) and it was released before it came to light. Now that takes kahonas!! Of course, Layla was about Patti too.

Steve

PS..of course Duane Allman was there..along with Jim Gordon, Carl Radle and Bobby Whitlock, who played the piano..