Are there any architects or interior designers here?

filmboydoug

Are there any architects or interior designers here? I have a question or two about art deco design.

This is my idea for a DIY sub project. I wonder if this is too over the top, even for an art deco style project. Never mind the goofy colors, they are for contrast only. If I build this, the different colors would indicate different wood veneers.

Also, I could not show this in the drawing, but all the vertical corners would be rounded off.

Please excuse my lame attempt at computer art, but I think the idea at least comes across. If you have knowledge of architecture and/or interior design I would appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

doug

post-15785-13819271524536_thumb.jpg

I'm not 100% sure I understand what would be going on the top of the unit... but the rest seems to all fall into that's style's language. I would recommend using 5 vertical bands in the top-centre rather than the 7 bands.

Art Deco is a fun style... both as a predecessor to modern as well as for it's rarity due to the "great depression". Looks like a great project.

Which driver have you got planned for it?
Later..
Rob

Cool design if you can do rounded corners that would be cool. However, if you look at the empire state building it follows a similar art deco design that is not rounded off.

I took my inspiration from another building, this one not so famous. This is the Knickerbocker Laundry building in Queens, NY.

post-15785-13819271573886_thumb.jpg

I'm not an architect or an interior designer, but I did stay at a

Holiday Inn Express (and it was in Hope, Arkansas!). I say turn

the building into a sub first, to see how it works (so you don't waste

time and materials with expensive plywood and stuff).