$194 EL34 PP amp from china...this is getting hard to resist!

sunnysal

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I had the funds for a McIntosh MC225 or other equivalent tube amp (nothing against Scott or Fisher integrateds, just not my cup of tea), I would've bought one! After being laid off and then filing bankruptcy over 3 years ago, I'm lucky to be able to afford ANY tube amp.

I'm sorry if I disappointed any of you here for buying a $550 Chinese 300B SET amp and a $245 preamp, but if I wanted new from these shores, I'd probably have to spend considerably more. And I had my hassles (as Craig can recall) when my first amp was defunkt and had to be sent back ($145 USPS Air back to Hong Kong)...about 8 months later I was finally enjoying my system. Sure, for the total money I invested, I probably could've had a 6BQ5 single-ended console amp from Magnavox completely renovated by Craig up and running with change to spare and at far less time. But I made my choice, and I'm still totally satisfied with the sound quality of my system.

To each their own, I suppose.

You could of easily had a nice vintage integrated with a no holds barred rebuild/mod job and rebuild for half the money. IMHO it would sound better to boot but not look nearly as impressive.

Craig

Found these posted over on Audio karma boy she is a $200 dollar beauty...... 5% distortion and it hasn't even reached its rated RMS output. Yup top quality tube gear for cheap. Hey look at the spelling of distortion they are my kind of guy's.

RMS Power output: 35W
Output Load impadance: 4-8 ohms
Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 40Khz
Total Harmonlo Dlatortlon: 28W 5%(THD)
Frequenay Reaponse: 20Hz to 20khz -0.5 db 10Hz to 40khz -1.0 db
S/N: 90 db
Vacuum Tubes: El34 x 4 : 6F2 x 2
Input jacks: 2
Power Consumption: <200W
Ponderancy 14kg
Power Requlrements: 220v 50/60Hz,3A
Hand-made real wooden panel
two groups of high pressure free-standing LC rectification.
Inside components and parts:
SOLEN The electric capacity of coupling,EPCON electric capacity , ALPS.........