new tv is in

Rsoxfan

MIke, now if we could only get the Red-Sox to win the rest of their games we'd be stylin!!

"Hello, Comcast, this is Mike, please come do the HDTV Digital box thing here at my house immediately, I need to see those Dirt-Devils more clearly!! and hear Pappi's bat in Dolby Digital 5.1!!"

Mike,

I got a new Sony 42 inch a few weeks ago too! It's an older model that I suspect may be phased out shortly. It's the shallow rear projection type. The only complaint I have with it is that I can't use it to run my "Heresy on steroids" speakers directly. I used to have a realy set up that would transfer the speakers from the TV to the NAD receiver when I turned on the receiver. The TV has a built in woofer thst is crossed over internally. If I cut into the left and right speakers I wouldn't have any bass! It does have line leve output that work when you shut off the speakers via the menu, but I would need a constantly running amp dedicated to the TV since there is no way to turn it on and off with the TV! Lift is really the pits, huh?

BTW: I don't want to hear about how the wood finishes don't match. I get enough about that from my wife![:$]

Al K.

post-2934-13819271853774_thumb.jpg

The Sony tv's aren't really noted for their sound quality. My KV-34HS510 has pretty bad sound but if I tap off the LG external tuner with the 5.1 its pretty good. Although the networks seem to want to broadcast 5.1 with very little substance in the center channel unless there is a commercial or narration then the center channel booms in like it's supposed to.

JJK

So now That ive had this thing for almost a week now there's some good and some bad. Although i would probably never use them i would have liked to have had PiP, and a memory stick slot. Thats it. Now the good...... HD.... awesome So see if this makes sense to anyone else, with the hd tuner built in I didn't need an antenna i just hooked up the one basic cable line and it got like 70 analog channels and like 35 digital channels most of which are doubles but for some odd reason when someone in my erea orders on demand..... I get it.....what ever they do with it happens on my tv too...they rewind, i rewind.....I dont understand but i am by no means complaning...oh and one more complaint im sure most of you wont run into this but I refuse to be a slave to the cable company and upgrade to digital rite now, so i had to purchase a motorola signal booster, because after you watch an hd program then go back to regular cable it was so grainy. But the signal booster fixed that