My new Ford F-250

Tom Adams

Ok guys....THIS IS JUST A JOKE, OK??[:)]

I just got my new Ford F-250 and returned to the dealer the next day, complaining that I couldn't figure out how the radio worked. The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated.

"Watch this!" He said. "Nelson!"

The radio replied, "Ricky or Willie?"

"Willie!" he continued.... and "On The Road Again" came from the speakers.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd say,"Beethoven!" I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said, "Beatles!" I'd get one of their awesome songs.

One day, a couple ran a red light and nearly creamed my new truck, but I swerved just in time to avoid them.

"AS*HOLES!" I yelled.

The French National Anthem began to play, sung by Jane Fonda and Michael Moore, backed up by John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums and Bill Clinton on sax.

Tom

The French did have to fight the Germans three times in a relatively short period. The problem is that they seem to have learned very little from their experience, nor are they grateful for our assistance in returning their country to them. Some folks think that they act more like an enemy of the US than a friend.

George Patton was of the view that he would wrather have an Nazi SS division in front of him instead of a French division behind him.

Bill

When we invaded north Africa, the French fired a few rounds and gave up as usual. When Ike asked the French commander to speak to the French people to support D-day, he refused. He claimed to be a head-of-state and could not be expected to speak after the mere supreme allied commander, Ike. Such is history.

Bill

We didn't do the French any favors in either The Great War or WW II. In 1944 we invaded France in order to kill Germans, that was the best place to get at them and help England win it's war. That France was liberated was merely a side benefit not the goal.

Our contribution to The Great War was less than that of Australia or Canada.

It seems to me that many Americans hate the French for the simple reason that they refuse to kiss our ***. Here we are, people who say we won't kiss anybody's *** and we dislike the French because they won't. Such an attitude is unseemly, not only does a real man refuse to kiss *** he respects others who refuse.

I think if we had more real self-respect and less chest-thumping bombast we'd respect the French.

Silly me! I thought amongst other reasons that we invaded France because Stalin had been pestering the Allies for years to open a second front to take some of the heat off of the Soviets.

The direct invasion of Germany was impracticable. We invaded France because the local population would be less likely to resist. Yet the commander of the free French forces, a mere major general, would not speak in favor of the invasion which would liberate his country. This same fellow eventually became president of France.

The current fellow that is president of France is no better; he is just as arrogant. It is one thing to disagree with "allies", but it is quite different to be stabbed in the back by them. We frequently disagree with the Brits, but they do not do the things that the French do.

Bill

McGoo---Our main purpose in fighting the Germans was to aid the English not the Soviets. As you said yourself France was a convenient place to fight the Germans.

So I take it you think "allies" means "clients"? Is France supposed to be to us what Armenia was to the Romans?

The Limeys suck up to us and the French don't and that seems to be what sticks in your craw.

The French are a third rate world power who nevertheless have always demanded that the world treat them as if they were a tier one world power! Their history is one their ego is constantly masking in that the British and Americans consistently have to pull their @ss out of the fire after they have repeatedly gotten in over their heads!

And let's not forget their enlightened foray into SE Asia!

Ho Chi Minh was a Jeffersonian fanatic - and their constitution is a close variant of ours! But he accepted aid from whomever would provide it in a nationalistic effort for self determination as they historically fought against Chinese domination (which goes back a thousand or so years!) and subsequently fought the French, the Japanese and the US in an attempt to toss out whomever was preventing their self rule!!

And after they helped us in WW2 against the Japanese, the Vietnamese solicited the US to subsidize their effort for independent self rule. But we foolishly capitulated to France's wacko demand to get "French" Indochina returned to their colonial dominance, partly because of the fact that Ho had accepted help from Communist countries in the past (think about it! Vietnam was pre agrarian! Not exactly the post modern industrial society theoretically suited to evolutionary Communism!!) So we foolishly capitulated to French requests rather then assist Vietnam's desire for self rule! We blew a prime opportunity to develop a real friend in a strategic part of the world! The rest is history as they say, as we again foolishly attempted to bail out the Frogs as they all the while proceeded to criticize us for our involvement!!

Amazing!

And let's not forget their stunning contribution to the Canadian experience!

But check out the attachment for more recent developments!

The best we could do is to simply ignore them.

The French Betrayal of America.pdf